Provide the name and link to the thread in "Last Post"

Propose new features and changes
lblb

Provide the name and link to the thread in "Last Post"

03 Oct 2013, 01:57

Hi,

If possible, it would be useful to add on the main index page in the "Last Post" column the name and a link to the thread in which the last post was added (currently, we only see the date and the name of the poster). And perhaps maybe a small button to go directly to that last post. Hope this is clear.

Thanks for all your hard work in this new forum.
Zelio

Re: Provide the name and link to the thread in "Last Post"

03 Oct 2013, 10:37

I am not sure to understand, maybe you want to click to the very small file icon after the arrow, as this post who have a tiny picture of a file around "posted ..." I remember to ask this kind of question when I started to use phpbb too, not intuitive that this picture is a button, but when you know it is perfect size and logo. However you haven't the name of the thread but a link (and your browser tooltip).
lblb

03 Oct 2013, 11:06

Hi Zaelia,

Thanks for the quick reply. Indeed that small icon leads to the last post, thanks for pointing it out. It would still be nice, if possible, to also have the name of the thread shown (so that I can actually know if I want to go and see that last post.) I have a slow internet connection at work, and having to go and see the post to know which thread it's in is actually quite cumbersome.
Zelio

03 Oct 2013, 15:54

If you like RSS and have a slow connection then maybe you will be interested with http://www.auto-hotkey.com/boards/feed.php
Else, yeah could be well to have name but that can break readability, or just the tooltip that search and dispaly what the title of the linked page, however I don't know how we can easly implement it, maybe a mod or just small script...
RijulAhuja

06 Oct 2013, 10:29

I support this.
EDIT : I believe this has already been added, thanks!

Return to “Wish List”