[Request]: Official Library & Wrapper

Propose new features and changes
kczx3

Re: [Request]: Official Library & Wrapper

30 May 2019, 14:32

There's no point in having that if Lexikos has no intention of shipping AHK with a stdlib. A package manager fills that purpose to download and "install" whatever packages you want. I don't think we will ever get to the point of versioning packages like npm does. We just need a repository of code with an application that can download them to the specified directory.
sancarn

Re: [Request]: Official Library & Wrapper

30 May 2019, 15:18

kczx3 wrote:
30 May 2019, 14:32
There's no point in having that if Lexikos has no intention of shipping AHK with a stdlib. A package manager fills that purpose to download and "install" whatever packages you want. I don't think we will ever get to the point of versioning packages like npm does. We just need a repository of code with an application that can download them to the specified directory.
Lexicos literally wrote the following in this thread:
lexikos wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 22:07
If the download or update of the "standard Lib" can be easily automated and "the community" wants it included with the installer, that is fine with me. I just want no part in maintaining it.
FWIW, something like this is what I expect the thread owner imagined(Note: Haven't written AHK in a while so some syntax may be wrong :lol: )

Return to “Wish List”