[Request]: Official Library & Wrapper

Propose new features and changes
kczx3

Re: [Request]: Official Library & Wrapper

30 May 2019, 14:32

There's no point in having that if Lexikos has no intention of shipping AHK with a stdlib. A package manager fills that purpose to download and "install" whatever packages you want. I don't think we will ever get to the point of versioning packages like npm does. We just need a repository of code with an application that can download them to the specified directory.
sancarn

30 May 2019, 15:18

kczx3 wrote:
30 May 2019, 14:32
There's no point in having that if Lexikos has no intention of shipping AHK with a stdlib. A package manager fills that purpose to download and "install" whatever packages you want. I don't think we will ever get to the point of versioning packages like npm does. We just need a repository of code with an application that can download them to the specified directory.
Lexicos literally wrote the following in this thread:
lexikos wrote:
17 Sep 2018, 22:07
If the download or update of the "standard Lib" can be easily automated and "the community" wants it included with the installer, that is fine with me. I just want no part in maintaining it.
FWIW, something like this is what I expect the thread owner imagined(Note: Haven't written AHK in a while so some syntax may be wrong :lol: )
Chunjee

14 Aug 2019, 14:21

Registered for that github package manager beta. I will report back if accepted. I have to imagine it is very similar to npm which I've been cruising along with and working very well so long as you don't try to define the same function twice. So just stay completely flat I guess and #Include everything at the global scope.

Where I ended up:
Chunjee wrote:
05 Nov 2018, 13:52
I posted a video demonstrating the concept here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KtYKiPH07ZQ
You may view an example program that pulls its dependencies (with yarn) here: https://github.com/Chunjee/SA-omdbcloner
One such lib can be found here: https://github.com/Chunjee/string-similarity.ahk
I've written a little bit about how some ahk changes would assist in this matter (because things start breaking when a dependency has a dependency, etc): https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=57833
joedf

26 Jun 2020, 13:25

I think Github is a good idea. I had a script some where that allows aspdm to source from github... I'd might have to refigure this out. :+1: :think:
So possibly even abandon the .ahkp format and just go for the package.json style?
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Chunjee

16 Jul 2020, 16:46

joedf wrote:
26 Jun 2020, 13:25
I think Github is a good idea. I had a script some where that allows aspdm to source from github... I'd might have to refigure this out. :+1: :think:
So possibly even abandon the .ahkp format and just go for the package.json style?
I'd be down to test this. Perhaps in an experimental build if necessary before committing fully.
joedf

17 Jul 2020, 08:58

@Chunjee Sure! I can start a 'github' branch under ASPDM or do you a think a new repo is more appropriate, I think some code can definitely be reused.
btw, I think you have access to repos under ahkscript/ correct? If not let me know.
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Chunjee

17 Jul 2020, 09:36

@joedf A branch seems seems appropriate to me. I'm not too sure I understand the second half of your post. I have a link to https://github.com/ahkscript ; I don't have any special access after that.
joedf

17 Jul 2020, 09:45

@Chunjee Sounds good, I've sent you an invitation :+1:

Return to “Wish List”