Change control colors

Propose new features and changes
zotune

Change control colors

24 Jul 2015, 14:57

Currently I'm using ControlCol for a lot of it, but I would really like to have it internally in AHK since it is 32bit only.
Just setting front and background color on stuff would go a long way. I can use GUI, Add, Text to make custom background colors. Besides, ControlCol crashes resize.
http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/1 ... -controls/

Wishlist: (those in bold are not possible with ControlCol)
  • DateTime text color
    Listview/Listbox/Edit highlight color + remove red border
    Listview arrow / dotted lines color

Text background color
    Listbox background color
    Edit background color
That is all :)

Kind regards
Mikael
jNizM
GitHub: jNizM

Re: Change control colors

26 Jul 2015, 06:08

[AHK] 1.1.33.02 x64 Unicode | [WIN] 10 Pro (Version 20H2) x64 | [GitHub] Profile
Donations are appreciated if I could help you
just me

Re: Change control colors

10 Sep 2015, 10:14

Though I've written some CtlColors script I support this wish related to Edit, Text, ListBox, ComboBox, and DDL controls. When I started to work on CtlColors, I didn't had a clue that AHK was already processing the WM_CTLCOLOR... messages. But looking into script_gui.cpp clearly shows that it would cost only a few additional statements to allow the +BackgroundColorValue for these controls. Maybe one of the other developers could try to implement it, if lexikos doesn't find the time to do it.

BTW:

Code: Select all

if (pcontrol->type == GUI_CONTROL_COMBOBOX) // But GUI_CONTROL_DROPDOWNLIST partially works.
			// Setting the colors of combo boxes won't work without overriding the ComboBox window proc,
			// which introduces complexities because there is no knowing exactly what the default
			// window proc of a ComboBox really does in all OSes and under all visual themes.
			// Overriding it is likely to cause problems, or at the very least require testing across
			// various OSes and themes (XP vs. classic).
			break;
Don't know why. Class_CtlColors doesn't have problems with the control.

Return to “Wish List”