assign win+num for multiple running programs

Get help with using AutoHotkey (v1.1 and older) and its commands and hotkeys
Raba

assign win+num for multiple running programs

04 Dec 2021, 17:19

[Moderator's note: Topic moved from Bug Reports.]

Code: Select all

a::#1
It works well for single running program.
But, for multiple running programs it fails to drawing. (right side)
The original operation is as shown on the left side.
joefiesta

Re: assign win+num for multiple running programs

05 Dec 2021, 10:31

1. this is not a bug. If it IS a bug, you haven't explained enough for anyone to figure out what the bug is or what you are trying to do with your hotkey.

2. your hotkkey makes no sense

a. you have not shown your code in context with any other code
b. to have hitting the "a" key to execute "#1" means that anytime, anywhere, you can't type an A, because that "a" will be intercepted by your hotkey and execute "#1".
c. whatever #1 is supposed to do is a mystery to me. On my system, it starts LOCATE32, but I can't figure out why, because it's not listed as a shortcut for that program.
Raba

05 Dec 2021, 19:35

This is the complete code just to reproduce the phenomenon.
As a prerequisite, you need to set Explorer to the task button on the leftmost and start multiple Explorers.
safetycar

10 Dec 2021, 12:17

For what is worth I managed to reproduce it in Win10.
In Win10, WinKey+Number interacts with the first icon on the taskbar.
To trigger it you need at least 2 windows open of said program, it doesn't have to be explorer.exe as far as I could tell.
The manual behavior for the interaction is keep the WinKey down while pressing the number various times to alternate between windows, then release the WinKey to activate the selected one.
I tried to go a little further by splitting WinKey commands in Up and Down events but didn't manage to make things work.
swagfag

25 Jan 2022, 04:54

i dont see how thats supposed to be ahk's problem. try hitting Win with one hand and 1 with the other in very very very quick succession and ull soon find out that the thumbnail menu occasionally wont load(same presentation as activating the ahk hotkey)

conclusion: windows is too slow
solution: u need to make ahk match windows' slowness(cant use conventional remaps though since they put SetKeyDelay -1 into effect)

Return to “Ask for Help (v1)”