Ahkscript Vs. Autohotkey

Talk about anything
jethrow

Re: Ahkscript Vs. Autohotkey

08 Feb 2014, 04:40

lexikos wrote:
ErrorOnLine2 wrote:Google ahkscript.org
Or they could just type it into the address bar. In general, I don't like seeing people ignorantly type a web address into a search field.
Amen. I still remember having to teach people how to actually use the address bar, rather than google search. But then with several of the popular browsers implementing a search as a fall-back from a valid url ...

Still, go to ahkscript.org is what I'd say. If they can't figure that out, they prolly won't get too far with AHK anyways.
vasili111

09 Feb 2014, 05:43

If I type "autohotkey", the http://ahkscript.org/ is number 4. But if I type "ahk" http://ahkscript.org/ is not even in page 5 (I did not look fareth). So I think it needs some opimization for google for term "ahk".

Also "Welcome to AHKScript.org, a new community founded by a number of enthusiasts to promote the use of AutoHotkey." that is on main page is displayed in google search results. Maybe it is better to replace it something like "Welcome at AutoHotkey homepage" or something like that which clearly states that it is main page for autohotkey.
DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.
xZomBie

09 Feb 2014, 06:31

@vasili111 +1
Just a thought, maybe this topic's title should be changed to AHKScript.org Vs. AutoHotkey.com since we are not fighting with AutoHotkey(Language).
tank

09 Feb 2014, 11:34

we aren't fighting or competing. merely offering what we belive to be a better brand of support.
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
vasili111

09 Feb 2014, 12:58

tank wrote:we aren't fighting or competing. merely offering what we belive to be a better brand of support.
As far as I understand situation from that thread http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/1 ... utohotkey/, there is person who has rights on domain autohotkey.com , which he recived from initial developer of AutoHotkey. But after some time he become missing and does not pays attention autohotkey.com . I see http://ahkscript.org/ as some kind of active defense.
tank

09 Feb 2014, 15:19

It is an unfortunate truth that Polyethene is not particularly active in that forum. That things have been broken and he has been MIA to resolve them or willing to allow anyone else to help. But Autohotkey is not a site, Not a developer. It is a community. and on both sites this community is self perpetuating in spite of obstacles. The Point of this domain was to with the same community overcome and hopefully reduce certain kinds of obstacles. You see the community for the most part is shared. Though some of us operate primarily on one domain or another we are the same. Some want to get help and others want to demonstrate their knowledge by helping. In this purpose both domains share a common interest. To take on a competitive nature of any kind is a little like the right hand smacking the left. It hurts the same person. I know this sentiment is unfortunately not mirrored between myself and Polyethene. I care more about the health of this community than petty squabbles about how best to serve this community. I can only hope that in his own way Polyethene does as well. My own efforts to keep this site appealing have their own difficulties. so i shall not cast stones. My only trait that i can claim over him is the willingness to accept site help from others
Check Out WebWriter
Jstjacques

10 Feb 2014, 15:32

Will this community stay as simply another resource for AHK or eventually fork into another language with it's own set of different functionality? I'm not sure which would turn out better, just curious as to the future as the rest of you see it. I've seen the other posts concerning re-branding, but then others that say this site will be another resource of the same code.
You can get a good look at a steak by looking up the cow's rear end but wouldn't you rather take the butchers word for it?
vasili111

10 Feb 2014, 15:46

Jstjacques wrote:Will this community stay as simply another resource for AHK or eventually fork into another language with it's own set of different functionality? I'm not sure which would turn out better, just curious as to the future as the rest of you see it. I've seen the other posts concerning re-branding, but then others that say this site will be another resource of the same code.
Disagreement was not in AutoHotkey (as a scripting language). Disagreement was only about website functioning. So there is no reason for forking.
fincs

10 Feb 2014, 15:53

vasili111 wrote:
Jstjacques wrote:Will this community stay as simply another resource for AHK or eventually fork into another language with it's own set of different functionality? I'm not sure which would turn out better, just curious as to the future as the rest of you see it. I've seen the other posts concerning re-branding, but then others that say this site will be another resource of the same code.
Disagreement was not in AutoHotkey (as a scripting language). Disagreement was only about website functioning. So there is no reason for forking.
+1.
fincs
Windows 11 Pro (Version 22H2) | AMD Ryzen 7 3700X with 32 GB of RAM | AutoHotkey v2.0.0 + v1.1.36.02
Get SciTE4AutoHotkey v3.1.0 - [My project list]
vasili111

10 Feb 2014, 16:24

tank wrote:To take on a competitive nature of any kind is a little like the right hand smacking the left. It hurts the same person.
Totally agree with you.
tank

10 Feb 2014, 16:48

vasili111 wrote:Disagreement was not in AutoHotkey (as a scripting language). Disagreement was only about website functioning. So there is no reason for forking.
EXACTLY
Check Out WebWriter
Jstjacques

10 Feb 2014, 16:54

vasili111 wrote:Disagreement was not in AutoHotkey (as a scripting language). Disagreement was only about website functioning. So there is no reason for forking.
Fair enough. The "re-branding" forum posts located here http://ahkscript.org/boards/viewtopic.p ... ilit=brand are very misleading then. Long live AHK!
You can get a good look at a steak by looking up the cow's rear end but wouldn't you rather take the butchers word for it?
tank

10 Feb 2014, 17:02

that is about AHK2 which is a very real discussion and separate topic. ultimately i think it may have had some steam from the conflict but it really had been going on for a couple years. i THINK but have not confirmed though that Lexikos is content to just go with autohotkey 2 when he finally releases it
Check Out WebWriter
xZomBie

11 Feb 2014, 01:51

That is what I actually meant when I posted this:
xZomBie wrote:...
Just a thought, maybe this topic's title should be changed to AHKScript.org Vs. AutoHotkey.com since we are not fighting with AutoHotkey(Language).

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”