Where Does Google Get Its List Of Urls To Spider

Talk about anything
Roonyroo

Where Does Google Get Its List Of Urls To Spider

13 Mar 2014, 05:37

Where Does Google Get Its List Of Urls To Spider, also how does it know when a new sites been created

Is it from the Url registery etc., ...

Also some more technical info on how google finds urls to spider, would be fascinating, I'm not interested in algorithhms or keywords, but where it finds urls & domains to spider
jballi

Re: Where Does Google Get Its List Of Urls To Spider

13 Mar 2014, 05:56

Hint: If you have a question about Google, just ask Google. They are usually very forthcoming. This is what I found when I asked.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/a ... 0897?hl=en
Roonyroo

16 Mar 2014, 11:46

Google's site's useless, I'm basically trying to find out where google gets its list of NEW url's to spider

How does google know when a new site is registered & launched
joedf

16 Mar 2014, 12:00

well, their "algorithm" is probably copyrighted ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
jballi

16 Mar 2014, 18:25

joedf wrote:well, their "algorithm" is probably copyrighted ;)
Google's formula for extracting, categorizing, and indexing data from a web site is a secret but how they find web sites is not.
Roonyroo wrote:Google's site's useless, I'm basically trying to find out where google gets its list of NEW url's to spider

How does google know when a new site is registered & launched
Like all web searching tools, Google uses a web crawling bot (aka "spider") to find new web sites. This web page from Google makes it as clear as it gets.

https://support.google.com/webmasters/answer/182072

tl;dr: They search them all, some more often than others.

I hope this answers your question.
Roonyroo

17 Mar 2014, 10:27

Thanks for the replies guy

yea everyone knows googe spiders sites, I was looking for a list of sites google uses to find newly registered url's & ip addresses

Basically where does it find brand new unspidered sites, if a person registers a bran new site
LinearSpoon

17 Mar 2014, 10:55

What part don't you get? It's all stated in the links.
When it crawls the sites it does know about, it finds links to new sites that it doesn't know about. Webmasters may also submit sitemaps to augment this process.
If you register a new site, Google won't find it until people start linking to it, or until you tell Google that it exists.
tank

19 Mar 2014, 16:10

So i think your asking how does it know your brandnewawesomesite.com has come to exist. Answer? it doesnt. sites it does know about and spider end up with links to it and it crawls to it. Hosts or webmasters submit the site as part of a setup. in short there is no magic sauce to it. part of googles cloud services no doubt finds things in mention like "i wanna pee inc" and does whois on versions of iwannapee i-wanna-pee etc. and obviously there is the oodles and oodles of google spyware Chrome is now considered the most tracked and yet secure as well as most popular browser.
The point is it honestly doesnt matter how they find you for a newly registered domain. your gonna get found
http://www.webmasterworld.com/forum3/25278.htm
but you can be found intentionally
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”