« What's on your mind? » Topic is solved

Talk about anything
geek

Re: « What's on your mind? »

24 Nov 2014, 20:36

I think offering them a stable job with $30000 distributed across the next few years' paycheck could work.
joedf

24 Nov 2014, 22:39

Alex Ferguson [MUFC] :D ok ok i know... unrelated ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
geek

25 Nov 2014, 09:02

https://reddit.com/r/AskReddit/comments ... ad/cmcbq3b
Hold on, reading the 5000 page report.

tl;dr: Stole $50 of cigars, went after cop while he was in his car, gun goes off in the car, Officer Wilson exits car, Brown gets shot while charging officer Wilson, blood/casings/most physical evidence backs up Officer Wilson's story. Totally reasonable to throw this case out.

Edit: Formatting

Edit 2: There seems to be some confusion by some in this thread. Brown was not shot over the cigars. He was shot because he assaulted an officer within that officer's car, after which Brown attempted to get that officer's gun, then charged that officer after the officer got out to give chase.
http://online.wsj.com/articles/ferguson ... 1416916181
Fires still burned in Ferguson, Mo., just before dawn after a night of violence from some protesters and arrests by police officers. Protesters set police cruisers on fire, smashed windows and looted stores while police responded by firing nonlethal munitions and tear gas at crowds. By morning more than two dozen buildings had been set ablaze.
The grand jury, which released its decision Monday night, was tasked with determining whether a crime occurred when Ferguson police officer Darren Wilson shot Mr. Brown in August after an altercation between the two. St. Louis County Prosecuting Attorney Robert McCulloch said the 12-member panel didn’t find probable cause for any of five possible charges that ranged from first-degree murder to involuntary manslaughter, after hearing more than 70 hours of testimony from about 60 witnesses.
At a late news conference, as National Guardsmen watched from a distance, St. Louis County Police Chief Jon Belmar said that as of midnight, police had arrested about 30 people related to the protests and tallied hundreds of gunshots.
The Ferguson fire department said it fought 25 structure fires on Monday night into Tuesday morning, in an interview with a local television station, and that efforts to extinguish those fires were hampered by firefighters having to cease work because of gunfire in the area. A voice on a police radio asking about the status of firefighters responding to one of the many burning buildings, said it just wasn’t worth trying to put out one of the massive fires. It had already destroyed the structure.
In a statement, the Brown family said they were profoundly disappointed by the grand-jury ruling and referred to Mr. Wilson as a “killer of our child.” They called for positive action from people frustrated by the decision to help fix the legal system, including requiring officers to wear body cameras.

“Answering violence with violence is not the appropriate reaction,” the Brown family said in a written statement.
joedf

25 Nov 2014, 22:22

Facepalm ...
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
tank

26 Nov 2014, 01:50

I am originally from marylandheights bridgeton
NOONE from Saintlouis is surprised that the ferguson thing is happening
NOONE expected it to take this long to boil over
YES the municipalities in saintlouis county are corrupt
yes the police are brutal and corrupt but there is valid arguement that it is out of necessity.
many places in the area including east saint louis are less safe than a war zone and some are unpatrolled because they are so deadly

Looting should be met with national gaurd and deadly force
looting is not civil disobedience
looting attacks business civil disobedience attacks corrupt government

I left saint louis over 20 years ago and never went back because it is such an embroiled powderkeg.
the worst is yet to come let me tell you the riots of LA will be an echo by comparison before its over
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
cyruz

27 Nov 2014, 18:59

I want a soundbar for my first led tv. Yes I had a crt until some weeks ago.
ABCza on the old forum.
My GitHub.
geek

27 Nov 2014, 19:04

True LED, OLED, or LED-LCD?
tidbit

28 Nov 2014, 11:11

cyruz, I'm not the only one but it's a minority opinion:
CRT's are superior :)
Hopefully you'll enjoy your LED!

(I have an LED TV and LED monitor, I much prefer the color & viewing angle & adjustable resolution & 4:3 ratio of a CRT)
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
nnnik

28 Nov 2014, 12:54

I have a CRT.
I think you just think that way because you dont have a CRT.
Right now I want everything but a CRT.
Recommends AHK Studio
tidbit

28 Nov 2014, 13:09

I still have my CRT in my closet :)
We also have a couple CRT tv's in use. Only the tv in my room is LED.

colors on the edge of my LED screens change slightly, depending if I'm sitting up straight, or slightly to the side. Not talking MASSIVE changes, but slight. And if you work with colors, when something looks like a gradient when it isn't thats not good. That issue doesn't happen with CRT's. Though, if all you do is games/movies, that can actually make stuff look sexier. But I'd prefer quality (that's probably not the correct word) over prettiness/brightness.
Plus, CRT's have a better black :D darker.
rawr. fear me.
*poke*
Is it December 21, 2012 yet?
cyruz

28 Nov 2014, 18:36

GeekDude wrote:True LED, OLED, or LED-LCD?
The OLED are out of my budget :mrgreen:

It's a led-lcd, a Samsung UE40H6500, a well priced and honest 40" tv.
tidbit wrote:cyruz, I'm not the only one but it's a minority opinion:
CRT's are superior :)
Hopefully you'll enjoy your LED!

(I have an LED TV and LED monitor, I much prefer the color & viewing angle & adjustable resolution & 4:3 ratio of a CRT)
Yeah my good old Syncmaster 21" monitor was stunning. But I'm very pleased by the image quality that these tv are showing on HD stuff.
nnnik wrote:...Right now I want everything but a CRT.
ROFL :lol:
ABCza on the old forum.
My GitHub.
vasili111

30 Nov 2014, 06:03

########################################################

Probability interpretations
DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.
joedf

30 Nov 2014, 10:22

Wow nice, I have been talking about that without even being introduced to it. :P

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”