Anime

Talk about anything
nnnik

Anime

24 Nov 2015, 17:27

I started a topic about this ages ago on the other forums but that time we didn't really talk much (I was too immature).
So here is another try.
What kind of animes do you guys like? Do you even watch it? And if yes what did you watch?
Recommends AHK Studio
Blackholyman

Re: Anime

25 Nov 2015, 05:28

I did watch an amount of anime at one point

Mostly i just try a few episodes of whatever and if it was to my liking i just keep going with that one until the end if there is one at least...

but to name a few of the one's i did follow in newer times at least for a good bit of time naruto until the fillers then on to naruto shippuden and bleach and fullmetal alchemist

Did try one piece and death note but none of them fit me that well

One of the first one's i remember watching is Starzinger. In the United States, it was referred to as Spaceketeers and was part of Jim Terry's Force Five series.
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
joedf

26 Nov 2015, 02:11

I'm no big amine watcher... If it interests you... Ive only watched DeathNote, some naruto and dragonball.
However, I am a big fan of the Dragonball books/manga, I dont have all of the chapters, but I might some day :)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Avi

29 Nov 2015, 08:22

I have been watching lots of animes lately..

Most recently I watched Psycho Pass, which is an engaging science-fiction thriller with remarkable characters. It also has pieces of philosophy here and there.
I will also like to suggest Code Geass, which for me is the best I have watched so far. The good thing about Code Geass is there is no bad guy. Its ending is the best there is.
Currently I am watching Clannad (and then Clannad After Story), which is a romantic-emotional-comedy sort of anime. The storyline is strong, touching and sometimes sad but it connects very well to real life.. If you are ready to shed a few tears, it is worth trying.

Other animes I enjoyed are Steins Gate, Detective Conan (Case Closed), Cowboy Bebop, Attack on Titan, One piece, Death Note ..
Tell me if you need some input on those.
Writes at Dev Letters

Clipjump Clipboard Manager : More Scripts (updated 2019)

nnnik

03 Dec 2015, 12:49

Avi you're going to love Clannad.
Especially the happy ending.
Recommends AHK Studio
Avi

04 Dec 2015, 00:46

nnnik wrote:Avi you're going to love Clannad.
Especially the happy ending.
Yup Clannad and Clannad After Story are both good.. After Story especially, made me cry several times. :clap: It teaches you a lot about life.
Writes at Dev Letters

lifeweaver

29 Dec 2015, 11:04

I'm a fan of anime with magic, futuristic technology, action, etc, though it's not to say I've not watched some other genres.
Anime like:
  • GTO
    Darker Than Black
    Sword Art Online
    Log Horizon
    Magi
    Shakugan no Shana
    Planetes
    Berserk
    One-Punch Man
    Etc...
What about yourself nnnik?
nnnik

29 Dec 2015, 15:46

Well I have watched or know most of the Anime mentioned so far. I have full list at http://myanimelist.net/animelist/nnnik
I would suggest Shinsekai Yori for you.
Recommends AHK Studio
nnnik

15 Feb 2016, 19:49

I can really recommend Monster.
Recommends AHK Studio
lifeweaver

16 Feb 2016, 07:44

nnnik wrote:I can really recommend Monster.
Sounds interesting, I'll add it to my list!
I can recommend Dennou Coil for people who like scifi/computers.
Avi

17 Feb 2016, 00:38

What a coincidence. I too am about to finish Monster and highly recommend it. Such an intense story ;)
Writes at Dev Letters

nnnik

17 Feb 2016, 18:03

Avi wrote:
What a coincidence. I too am about to finish Monster and highly recommend it. Such an intense story ;)
Haha Yeah.
I also can recommend watching Shinsekai Yori as something to follow that.
Recommends AHK Studio
Avi

17 Feb 2016, 23:27

nnnik wrote:
Avi wrote:
Haha Yeah.
You have recommended it twice now in this thread. I guess I'll have to watch it ;)
Writes at Dev Letters

nnnik

18 Feb 2016, 00:42

Avi wrote:
nnnik wrote:
Avi wrote:
Haha Yeah.
You have recommended it twice now in this thread. I guess I'll have to watch it ;)
Oh :facepalm: :oops:
Recommends AHK Studio
noname

24 Feb 2016, 12:56

I started watching japanese anime in 2006 when i was introduced to mushishi by a friend.There are a lot of very good ones but the last years it has been going downhill and i stopped really following it.I revistited the good old ones like "cowboy bebop" or "Trigun" they never let you down!

This year i started again by stumbling on "Boku dake ga Inai Machi" it promises to be a real "classic" again.

Monster is very good but a one that is not mentioned on most top20 and certainly has the same solid impact as monster is "mouryo no hako" it is an amazing story with an amazing twist plot and ending.
You can find it on youtube but the quality on the streaming sites is better : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tRRgImUjk0g
nnnik

25 Feb 2016, 12:45

lifeweaver wrote: I can recommend Dennou Coil for people who like scifi/computers.
Dennou Coil was great thanks for the tip.
It is in a lot of ways similar to shinsekai yori.
noname wrote:There are a lot of very good ones but the last years it has been going downhill and i stopped really following it
I can relate, However I have to disagree though. A classic becomes a classic by surviving the times. The rest just dies out.
These classics are often a lot better than the ones that died out.
It has not gone downhill. Your vision of it just is not filtered anymore. The new Animes didn't have to survive yet.

There are a lot of good animes out there right now. Parasyte for example.
Recommends AHK Studio
noname

26 Feb 2016, 01:54

There are a lot of good animes out there right now.
Can you suggest some for this new winter season?In the old days i followed 5 or 6 every weekend now the last years i could find one in a season.
I am only following "Boku dake ga Inai Machi" it seems to be a real good one.I just glanced at the others most or just fanservice :)
lifeweaver

04 Mar 2016, 10:06

nnnik wrote:Well I have watched or know most of the Anime mentioned so far. I have full list at http://myanimelist.net/animelist/nnnik
I would suggest Shinsekai Yori for you.
Just finished it -> wow, I have to say I really like the Traditional song from it.
Avi

30 Mar 2016, 14:21

nnnik wrote: Haha Yeah.
Just finished watching. :bravo: A must watch. Started a bit confusing but caught up in the end. Thanks for the recommendation. :thumbup:
Writes at Dev Letters

nnnik

01 Apr 2016, 21:49

noname wrote:
There are a lot of good animes out there right now.
Can you suggest some for this new winter season?In the old days i followed 5 or 6 every weekend now the last years i could find one in a season.
I am only following "Boku dake ga Inai Machi" it seems to be a real good one.I just glanced at the others most or just fanservice :)
Soo
I really took my time with this reply (It's almost summer already).
I can't tell you 6 or 5 shows not even 4.
You mentioned 1. (I didn't watch it yet but knowing some background info we can guess that it is good.)
I can suggest the OVAs of the Monogatari Series: Koyomin Monogatari.
They are as mindbending as usually. ("And to add the conclusion or rather the punchline of this episode")
The third thing I could reccomend this winter season was Hai to Gensou no Grimgar.
It discards the common tropes of Anime and developes it's characters rather slowly, which is seen as a con by many people.
I think it's a pro since the Anime clearly shows the characteristics of each character their pros and cons. For the second season I want to see how that leads to group Identitiy.
However it is already something I consider time well spend :)

I really want to see the seasons where you can follow more. (I'm still watching One Piece but I guess that doesn't count :))
Recommends AHK Studio

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”