- A while ago in the official AHK IRC channel kidbit said that in his country it is okay to call people a certain racial slur. He has since defended the statement. He was banned as a result.
- Kidbit made a post in the stickied IRC thread that he had created his own IRC channel and it was the “Official” AHK IRC channel.
- A mod edited his post:
kidbit: “My channel is the OFFICIAL AHK channel.”
Mod: “You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.”
- The forum went down for maintenance Sunday night. There were unforeseen difficulties and the forum had to be restored. All of the forum posts that had been made subsequent to the forum backup were lost, including kidbit’s post.
- Kidbit thought that his post was deleted as an attempt to censor him, and made another post in which he “demanded” that the mod responsible be identified and held accountable or “this forum is dead to me.”
- The mods calmly explained to him that many other users’ posts had been lost also as a result of the forum restore. Kidbit did not seem to understand the explanation, instead he became increasingly irate and posted screenshots of PM conversations where mods explained the situation and he in return called them “tyrants” and said, “Those who kill the dragon are doomed to become one themselves.” Etc.
- The forum had to be restored again for some reason and Kidbit began deleting all his posts, but has subsequently started posting on the forum again asking for help etc.
Kidbit wants to create a channel where he is free to use any racial slur he feels is appropriate. I don’t think it would be good for AHK to be associated with that channel in any way. Kidbit has shown poor judgement, and while I don’t dispute his right to post links to channels on the forum, I would advise against joining his channel. And I am somewhat incredulous at his inability to understand that his channel is not the official AHK channel just because he says it is.
The AHK forum has terms that you have to agree to when you sign up to the forum. They contribute to AHK’s legitimacy.
“…You agree not to post any abusive, obscene, vulgar, slanderous, hateful, threatening, sexually-orientated or any other material…”