Talk about anything
Neallunosk

Re: « What's on your mind? »

16 Oct 2020, 08:26

ricky11WB wrote:
03 Oct 2020, 13:04
Neallunosk wrote:
25 Sep 2020, 07:53
I'm still worried about the situation with the coronavirus. all my friends are already infected except me. When do you think this will end? I'm scared
2-3 years, and that's it :)
I'm not sure if I have 2-3 years in this situation. By the way, I congratulate everyone on the second wave of the epidemic. special hello to skeptics. it is a pity that you are getting smaller and smaller.

I recently conducted a mini-research, based on the growth dynamics of the infected in the first half of the year 2020. I hypothesized that attenuation would occur when at least 1 billion of the population suffered the disease. This is exactly the figure that denotes the working-age population, precisely those who, for the most part, are forced to go to work outside the home. Considering that for half a year there were about 30 million cases by the end of the year, I think there will be about 80-90 million. Each next year, the infected cases will increase by 10-15-20 profents. the conclusion suggests itself that only in 7-8 years will we see a weakening of the situation. this, of course, I did not take into account different errors, but there are also many of them. in absolute terms, we can consider them as its minus 1 year
TLM

21 Oct 2020, 14:05

I wish there was pics of the dilapidated roadster with star man inside slowwwley dying in space :lol:
TLM

28 Oct 2020, 09:46

No Man's Sky -- Next Generation Trailer (0_0 )...
garry

30 Oct 2020, 15:48

@flyingDman flying dutchman ( ? ) solid dutch engineering flying dutch car PAL-V

---------------------
https://www.pal-v.com/en/explore-pal-v
https://www.ad.nl/auto/nederlandse-vliegende-auto-mag-officieel-de-weg-op-eerste-exemplaren-in-2023-afgeleverd~a055db28/
Dutch flying car is officially allowed on the road: first copies delivered in 2023
The flying car of the company PAL-V has received a European type approval to go on public roads.
But before he can also take to the air, the green light is needed from the European aviation regulator.
PAL-V expects to be able to deliver the first flying cars to customers in 2023.
---
Nederlandse vliegende auto mag officieel de weg op: eerste exemplaren in 2023 afgeleverd
De vliegende auto van het bedrijf PAL-V heeft een Europese typegoedkeuring gekregen om de openbare weg op te gaan.
Maar voordat hij ook de lucht in mag is nog groen licht nodig van de Europese toezichthouder voor de luchtvaart.
PAL-V verwacht in 2023 de eerste vliegende auto's aan klanten te kunnen afleveren.
---------------------
flyingDman

30 Oct 2020, 16:01

Thanks @garry. It will take a while before I have one of those in my driveway!....
14.3 & 1.3.7
jballi

30 Oct 2020, 16:56

Do the following in the following order. Do not skip any steps. 1) Be independently very wealthy or win a very big cash lottery. 2) Put in an order for one of the first copies of the flying car. If they accept your order, expect to pay a huge nonrefundable deposit. 3) If you are not already a helicopter pilot, take flying lessons. In the United States, you'll need a minimum of 40 flight hours. 50 to 60 hours is typical. This will take between 6 months to a year or longer. Expect to pay between $10K to $15K US for the lessons. 4) Wait until 2023 when your flying car is manufactured. If there are production problems, wait 6 to 18 months longer. 5) Pay for your flying car and accept delivery. Expect a huge delivery fee. 6) Enjoy!
Xtra

30 Oct 2020, 17:29

By 2023 Big.AI will fly car for you while you sleep...
gregster

31 Oct 2020, 01:16

I don't see how this will work in practice. :)
I mean, helicopter flying isn't the easiest type of flying anyway. And I can't imagine that you will be allowed to take off with this thing without officially registering with air control each time. Perhaps you will even have to take off from an official airfield... but sure, you always have your personal helicopter with you, that's nice. In theory 8-)
I am not really looking forward to these idiots - who kill uninvolved people with their illegal car races on public roads - getting their hands on these "cars".
joedf

31 Oct 2020, 09:59

Very nice car, or helicopter or plane? :mrgreen:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
garry

31 Oct 2020, 16:33

@gregster
And I can't imagine that you will be allowed to take off with this thing without officially registering with air control each time.
agree, and some other links ...
20180308 PAL-V (Personal Air and Land Vehicle)
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/lifestyle/flying-cars-eye-takeoff-at-geneva-motor-show-10023800
But Pal-V's Liberty will not be a vehicle for everyman:
Future drivers should expect to dish out between €10,000 and €20,000 (US$12,000-US$25,000) for pilot training,
in addition to the anticipated 300,000-500,000-euro cost for the machine itself, Dingemanse said.
That is the same price range as a small helicopter, he said, stressing though that Pal-V's flying car is "easier, maintenance costs are much lower,
(and) it's much more useful than a normal plane or helicopter."
Not everyone is convinced that flying cars will soon be darkening our skies.
"It's a beautiful idea," Ferdinand Dudenhoffer, who heads the Centre for Automotive Research in Germany .
But in light of the current air traffic density,
"it is difficult to imagine that there will be lots of additional flying saucers" filling the skies, he said.
---------------------
20201030 Paris : Jams stretched to a cumulative 430 miles (700 km) in the Ile-de-France region early on Thursday evening
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-54742795
Covid-19: Record traffic around Paris as second French lockdown begins - BBC News
Traffic around Paris hit record levels just hours before a new national lockdown came into force across France.
Jams stretched to a cumulative 430 miles (700 km) in the Ile-de-France region early on Thursday evening, local media reported.
Lockdown measures came into force at midnight on Friday (23:00 GMT) to tackle spiralling Covid infections.
People have been ordered to stay at home except for essential work or medical reasons.
President Emmanuel Macron said the country risked being "overwhelmed by a second wave that no doubt will be harder than the first".
Daily Covid-19 deaths in France are at the highest level since April, and on Thursday, authorities reported 47,637 new cases and 250 new deaths.
French media report that many Parisians have left the city - and their often cramped apartments - to spend lockdown in the countryside.
---------------------
20201030 Germany should become the first country with cars without drivers in everyday life
https://www.heise.de/news/Scheuer-Deutschland-soll-erster-Staat-mit-Autos-ohne-Fahrern-im-Alltag-werden-4944032.html
Scheuer: Germany should become the first country with cars without drivers in everyday life
Federal Transport Minister Andreas Scheuer is pursuing the goal of having "vehicles with autonomous driving functions in regular operation" in less than two years.
Germany is to become the first country in the world to bring vehicles without a driver from research into everyday life .
---------------------
gregster

31 Oct 2020, 16:37

Thanks, @garry, for the additional information :wave:
BoBo

02 Nov 2020, 07:33

20201030 Germany should become the first country with cars without drivers in everyday life
Well, that guy is named "Scheuer", and the German word "bescheuert" is really making sense in this context.

No, I'm not that keen to see AI decide which trespasser a car should hit by mistake.
The camera was doing perfectly fine :thumbup:

And yes, hopefully, we won't see someone's children ordering T-Shirts with similar prints like :arrow: [these] anytime soon! :shifty:
garry

02 Nov 2020, 11:04

@BoBo
'Walkampf' in Spijkenisse .... ( whale tails ) Whale tail sculpture saves Dutch metro train
Social media go wild on the metro accident in Spijkenisse / Rotterdam Netherland
https://www.nytimes.com/2020/11/02/world/europe/whale-sculpture-netherlands-train.html
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/news/world/whale-tail-sculpture-dutch-metro-13442510
https://www.ad.nl/rotterdam/social-media-gaan-los-op-metro-ongeluk-in-spijkenisse-machinist-deed-poging-om-piloot-te-worden~a8a8a299e/
-Driver attempted to become a pilot
-Many people propose not to store the device, but to leave it as a new work of art.
https://twitter.com/tomlashcabaret/status/1323183720526942208

German transport minister Andreas Scheuer ( german )
https://www.der-postillon.com/2019/07/scheuer.html

https://www.the-postillon.com/2018/05/chimp-reads-The-Sun.html
The Postillon: Scientific sensation: chimp able to read The Sun
Scientists from the Oxford Institute of Cognitive and Evolutionary Anthropology have now succeeded in teaching a 15-year-old chimp how to read and understand The Sun.

https://www.theonion.com/fbi-demands-apple-s-assistance-in-opening-iphone-packag-1845157871
FBI Demands Apple’s Assistance In Opening iPhone Packaging
At press time, sources confirmed Apple had defied the bureau’s demands, claiming that each iPhone’s packaging had to remain intact to prevent a massive breach of user privacy.
Challenger007

05 Nov 2020, 05:21

I read the article "Tracking Ocean Plastic Pollution using Satellite Technology" and this topic made me think about how many marine animals die due to human carelessness. We follow distant stars from satellites, but we do not pay attention to what is happening next to us. This is terrible and this trend needs to be changed urgently! I hope aerospace companies will help clear the seas and oceans of plastic and other accumulations of debris.
Last edited by BoBo on 06 Nov 2020, 06:38, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Fixed broken links.
BoBo

06 Nov 2020, 06:58

The Postillon: Scientific sensation: chimp able to read The Sun
Scientists from the Oxford Institute of Cognitive and Evolutionary Anthropology have now succeeded in teaching a 15-year-old chimp how to read and understand The Sun.
So we're able to replace Mr. Scheuer ASAP! Makes sense, and that's good news (besides that J.Biden has passed D.J.Trump in Georgia that moment 8-))

@Challenger007 So we'll have further ongoing pollution but create another polluting industry to "clean up" that mess afterward? Will be interesting how to separate microplastics from plankton.
SOTE

07 Nov 2020, 21:22

Challenger007 wrote:
05 Nov 2020, 05:21
I read the article "Tracking Ocean Plastic Pollution using Satellite Technology" and this topic made me think about how many marine animals die due to human carelessness. We follow distant stars from satellites, but we do not pay attention to what is happening next to us. This is terrible and this trend needs to be changed urgently! I hope aerospace companies will help clear the seas and oceans of plastic and other accumulations of debris.
I agree, the plastic pollution is insane and senseless. Watched a couple of specials, where even the recycling of existing plastic is a big scam by oil companies, and tons of it ends being dumped into the ocean too or burned (adding to the air pollution). With all this technology, you would think we would have biodegradable plastics or hemp plastic (also biodegradable) by now.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”