Report False-Positives To Anti-Virus Companies

Talk about anything
slechtwere

Re: Report False-Positives To Anti-Virus Companies

26 Jun 2020, 09:40

I appreciate the effort you put in this answer. This keeps the thread alive and other people will read this too. :thumbup:
But it's not for me. You know, i'm a gardener and almost in retirement. Never earned money with programming or scripting. Yes, for some time I had a (small) leading role and worked with pre-defined office templates. If I wanted to change things my boss said I spent to much time for my administrative tasks!
But in the 90's I had an Amstrad (464?) personal computer where you had to load programs on casette or floppy's and if you wanted to make things work personally for you you had to program it in Basic (sure you know this but some youngsters who read this would be amazed). Commands, AHK and Visual Basic, I like to experiment with it only to keep my brain cells active. Creating unimportant programs like generating lottery numbers based on personal dates or names and so... Well, the program works but I'm still not a millionaire! :D
Sam_

Re: Report False-Positives To Anti-Virus Companies

30 Jun 2020, 14:36

Symantec has identified parts of AutoHotkey_1.1.33.00_setup.exe as malicious based on heuristic rules. I have submitted it to them as a false positive, but now I have corporate Incident Response breathing down my neck (not that I blame them, it's their job to stay on top of any and all potential threats, even tho this doesn't constitute one). Sadly, significant damage to AutoHotkey's reputation has just been done.

Return to “Offtopic”