BarberH wrote: ↑
27 Jan 2020, 02:53
Thus their list (for now and because it's not updated) is not as relevant for helping the AHK community combat false-positives. We should not want people submitting to vendors that will not help stop the false-positive problem
This statement is strange and it might be because of the English used, but can you clarify what you mean more?
Based on what I think you might be saying:
1. This list here is updated.
2. The list here reflects major AV companies that will have an impact.
3. People should submit false-positives to AV companies, because it's the only way to get them to update their databases or re-check.
4. Submitting false-positives do make a difference. I've had and seen companies update their databases.
5. You may also need to submit to many companies
, not just one. AV companies can be blindly adding signatures or copying from other AV companies, without doing all the needed detailed research. Push-back from users and customers causes them to re-check and verify. Thus a list such as this is important for the AHK community.
In the case of Jiangmin, it's the right move for the AHK community to inform VirusTotal (Google) and have them put some pressure on Jiangmin (or any company doing wrong) to be responsive to users and make corrections about false-positives or VirusTotal admin (or Google the owner) will remove them from the VirusTotal list.