How to do the image based UI automation development?

Talk about anything
Kavima

How to do the image based UI automation development?

20 Aug 2020, 03:55

Hi,

I am trying to automate some workflow for a GUI based windows application. In that application, there are not enough selectors available to do automation and the selector attributes are not reliable enough. The value of the attribute changes every time.
Just because of that I started using image-based automation. Even that seems to be not reliable, in case of multiple displays, extended monitors, change of screen size resolution, etc.

Can someone suggest me a reliable method to do GUI windows application automation?

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks,
John
Last edited by gregster on 06 Sep 2020, 14:46, edited 3 times in total.
Reason: Unrelated, spammy link removed.
Leox23
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/leonel.miralunar
Google: https://plus.google.com/u/0/113783913088997756407

Re: How to do the image based UI automation development?

20 Aug 2020, 10:30

Hello, in if you develop image-based automatizations, for now it is not possible to recognize images that have been rescaled (which would be quite great), the closest it is possible to recognize images with a slightly different transparence, this case for the findText library, have you tried it? overall it's much better than Autohotkey's ImageSearch
SOTE

Re: How to do the image based UI automation development?

27 Sep 2020, 01:11

Leox23 wrote:
20 Aug 2020, 10:30
Hello, in if you develop image-based automatizations, for now it is not possible to recognize images that have been rescaled (which would be quite great), the closest it is possible to recognize images with a slightly different transparence, this case for the findText library, have you tried it? overall it's much better than Autohotkey's ImageSearch
Hmmm... You could have multiple versions of the same image for different screen heights and widths.

Return to “Offtopic”