Including other scripts without plagiarizing

Talk about anything
bichlepa

Including other scripts without plagiarizing

07 Sep 2015, 03:47

I'm including scripts and libraries which I found in the forum in AutoHotFlow.
Now, I don't want to be a plagiarist, instead I want to mention and thank the authors properly.

What I have done yet:
  • Each included function is written in a separate file and is kept as is, with all develeper's comments and disclaimers.
  • The main window of AutoHotFlow has an About button, which opens following window:
Have I done everything right?
I wonder, whether I should mention the licenses of included scripts in the About window, too. Or is it enough that the sourcecode contains them?
Should the installer contain the "Special thanks" section, too?
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.
joedf

Re: Including other scripts without plagiarizing

10 Sep 2015, 07:39

Normally the licenses specify what should be done, but Normally if you're just using the libraries and not actually modifying these library, etc. You should be fine with the following: mention of the copyright so author, library name and a full blown copy of the licenses (some only require the mention of the license name, some a URL, but some require the whole thing..)

Hope this helps! :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
bichlepa

11 Sep 2015, 10:17

OK. So the only thing missing were the license names.
I'll add them later into the "Thanks to" section. And I'll try to make them clickable in order to show the full license.
Scripting is too complicated? Try AutoHotFlow, the graphical automation tool! Written in AutoHotkey.
lexikos

12 Sep 2015, 18:04

AutoHotkey, not AutoHotKey. ;)
Mallett, not Mallet.
bichlepa

13 Sep 2015, 01:55

lexikos wrote:AutoHotkey, not AutoHotKey. ;)
Mallett, not Mallet.
:oops: I'll correct that.

Return to “Off-topic Discussion”