Can I Use AHK To Convert Keyboard To Joystick???

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Gavnar

Can I Use AHK To Convert Keyboard To Joystick???

Post by Gavnar » 24 Nov 2020, 17:07

Im looking to remove the small chip from my keyboard and using my 3d printer, design an actual thumbstick controller with it and with some clever rewireing use the numpad as joystick directions. I want to use the whole numpad to have diagonals too and even have semi-diagonals for even more precise movement eg) num7+num4 gives me WNW (think compass).

Ive had a few goes at this and whilst I can obviously get keyboard 'mouse' movement in game its flicks all over the place at super speed - its seems that because the game is running in a fullscreen window the movement are maginified. The other thing is that if I turn left for example there is only so far I can turn before it hits the 'wall' or border of my actual screen size - with a real mouse or a joystick you can turn infinitely with no problems.

Since pressing a key will only allow movement at one set speed unlike a mouse or joystick, which you can slow down or speed up with you hand/finger movement speed/distance, I would like for example to use Z,X,C,and V (Im planning to use about 10 keys actually) to act as speed changers - each one allowing more speed/less speed whilst Im moving the mouse with the numpad.

Before I spend hours messsing about with this Id like to know if all this is actually possible. If anyone knows please let me know.

Thanks.

Rohwedder

Re: Can I Use AHK To Convert Keyboard To Joystick???

Post by Rohwedder » 25 Nov 2020, 03:12

Hallo,
there is nothing in your list that cannot be done with Autohotkey.
Don't you want your boss to see the joystick?

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”