Using AHK with the Nestopia gaming emulator

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
nitsik

Using AHK with the Nestopia gaming emulator

26 Mar 2024, 13:53

I'm adding keys to the Nestopia emulator for keyboard control. Then I try to emulate a keypress using ahk, but nothing happens. By the way, if you try to turn on the ahk script while adding a key using the “set” button, the key is not added either. I use the code "Send, {A}" for example, and "Sleep, 5000", to switch to the game.
If I use this code in notepad, then I get the letter A printed in notepad. If during the game I press A, then my action is triggered. But ahk doesn’t work. Why?
How can you control the game using ahk? Thank you.

[Mod edit: Moved topic from AHK v2 help since this seems to be v1 gaming question.]
gregster

Re: Using AHK with the Nestopia gaming emulator

26 Mar 2024, 14:03

Try to run the script as admin.

Generally, sending keys to games can be tricky and often involves trial-and-error. Some other things to try, if the above doesn't work:
Why do Hotstrings, Send, and Click have no effect in certain games?
How to Make AHK Work in Most Games - The Basics

But there are no guarantees that a specific game (or emulator) will cooperate.

PS: Please choose the appropriate subforum for AHK v1 gaming questions, next time. This topic has been moved from 'Ask for Help (v2)', based on the posted code above.
nitsik

26 Mar 2024, 16:15

Thank you, "SetKeyDelay, 0,100" helped me.
nitsik

26 Mar 2024, 17:06

But I can't do a super kick. To do this, press Down, Left, l. But no matter what delays I set, the super kick does not work. Although it works from the keyboard. What can you recommend?

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”