Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

Ask gaming related questions
Sailor17
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 Jan 2016, 06:30

Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

17 Jan 2016, 06:46

Solved

@ Admin please move this question if necessary

Hi everyone,

I´m using hotkey for quite a while and it is amazing.
But..

after a while hotkey is inactive and I have to start it again an agai and...
This is quite boring and I could not find anything about zhis issue with goggel or in the forum.

What is to do that hotrkey doesen´t quit afer a whlie??

My System: Windows 8 Prof and Windows 10 Prof

I think this issue does not occor in Win7 Prof!?

Thanks in advance.

Regards Hans
Last edited by Sailor17 on 01 Feb 2016, 16:13, edited 1 time in total.
Zachatoo
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Jan 2016, 02:56

Re: Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

17 Jan 2016, 16:36

Can we see what script you're using? That might help us solve the problem.
Sailor17
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 Jan 2016, 06:30

Re: Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

27 Jan 2016, 13:10

Zachatoo wrote:Can we see what script you're using? That might help us solve the problem.
The script is quiet long. Is there a possibility to upload a file. Sory I´m not very familiar with this forum.
Sory for late reply. I have to activate mail notification if it is available in this forum.
Hans
Sailor17
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 Jan 2016, 06:30

Re: Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

27 Jan 2016, 15:19

I will give you a link to the script file on my Goo..Drive. Is this ok?
This is quite the whole scrip I´m using. I´ve deleted only some personal information.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B9dpKR ... sp=sharing
Zachatoo
Posts: 4
Joined: 04 Jan 2016, 02:56

Re: Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

28 Jan 2016, 21:39

Sailor17 wrote:I will give you a link to the script file on my Goo..Drive. Is this ok?
This is quite the whole scrip I´m using. I´ve deleted only some personal information.
This is quite the script. I went through most of the hotkeys and it kept working for me. The only thing that I saw was that pressing "Escape" was the hotkey to exit the script.

Did you ever press Escape and find that the script ended? Or was it something else that caused it to stop working?
lexikos
Posts: 7088
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 04:07
GitHub: Lexikos

Re: Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

28 Jan 2016, 22:05

evilC wrote:Hotkeys do not suddenly stop working, unless there is a bug in your script or some problem with your system.
"Some problem with your system" is pretty vague. I assume you don't mean just any problem that could cause hotkeys to stop working, because that would make your point moot.

There are some other possibilities:
  • Another program has a keyboard hook which is returning without calling the next hook in the chain. In that case, KeyHistory would only contain keystrokes that the script sent.
  • Another program or script takes over the hotkey, so the script never sees the key combination which would trigger the hotkey. In that case, only that key combination would be missing from KeyHistory.
  • Something causes the OS to drop AutoHotkey from the hook chain (e.g. because it takes too long to respond). In that case, KeyHistory would only contain keystrokes that the script sent. This might only be caused by a "bug" in the script, but that isn't certain.
  • The hotkeys are working but not having the intended effect. In that case, KeyHistory would show that the hotkey was recognized and ListLines would show that the hotkey subroutine ran.
@Sailor17: Your UPDATEDSCRIPT sub will never run. You need to call SetTimer from the auto-execute section (above the first hotkey, return, etc.).
User avatar
evilC
Posts: 4787
Joined: 27 Feb 2014, 12:30

Re: Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

29 Jan 2016, 09:21

lexikos wrote:
evilC wrote:Hotkeys do not suddenly stop working, unless there is a bug in your script or some problem with your system.
"Some problem with your system" is pretty vague. I assume you don't mean just any problem that could cause hotkeys to stop working, because that would make your point moot.
What is to do that hotrkey doesen´t quit afer a whlie??
I inferred from this statement that the user was under the impression that this was "normal" and that there was something he had to do to keep the hotkeys "live".
I was merely saying that no, hotkeys should not "quit after a while" - either there is something wrong with his system, or his script.
lexikos
Posts: 7088
Joined: 30 Sep 2013, 04:07
GitHub: Lexikos

Re: Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

29 Jan 2016, 20:12

evilC wrote:either there is something wrong with his system, or his script.
I think you missed my point. You are implying that these are the only possibilities, but as I said, they are not.

I understand that's not all you were saying, but that's beside my point.
Sailor17
Posts: 4
Joined: 17 Jan 2016, 06:30

Re: Unexpectetd Termination of Hotkey and where can I ask non Gaming questions about Hotkey

31 Jan 2016, 12:41

@All Solved
Thank you very much for the helpful answers.
The script itself includes the sequence to terminate itself by pressing ESC.

***SNAP
;Dieses script abbrechen
Escape::
ExitApp
Return
***Snap

What a pity! This is what I never expected because many programs use ESC in various ways.
That is not a well elaborated terminating sequence for a hotkey program and should be removed from the sample files or at least changed to something like STRG+ESC if it is content in the example file.

I don´t know how this nonsense come in to my script, but I will trash this sequence immediately.
Thanks a lot. Now I can use hotkey in freedom again.

Hans

Return to “Gaming”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: mikeyww and 16 guests