Can someone help me to make a simple macro with "Guide button" of Xbox one gamepad please?

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
aikidoka90

Can someone help me to make a simple macro with "Guide button" of Xbox one gamepad please?

28 Sep 2017, 16:57

Hi everyone, I'm new here. I've downloaded this app and registered in this page, just seeking to do a simple thing, launch "Nvidia Ansel" (like a photo mode of Nvidia) with Guide Button of Xbox one gamepad. The hotkey to launch Ansel is just "Alt+F2". I would like to do a script that let me do this. Although i'm computer engineer, a don't understand very well how these scripts work.

Does anyone know the exactly code I should write on my script? Any help it would be very grateful.

Thank you all!
A_AhkUser

Re: Can someone help me to make a simple macro with "Guide button" of Xbox one gamepad please?

28 Sep 2017, 17:59

Hi aikidoka90,

Welcome to the AHK community.
To help determine the number corresponding with your joystick button, use this Joystick Test Script from the documentation.

Code: Select all

buttonNumber := 1 ; replace this number with the one corresponding with the Guide button of the XBOX One controller

Hotkey, % "Joy" . buttonNumber, pressTheKey, on ; create a hotkey ; pressTheKey label will be executed each time the hotkey will be pressed
return ; end of the auto-execute section

pressTheKey:
sendinput, {ALt Down}{F2}{Alt Up}
return

Btw there's a Ask for help dedicated subforum.
my scripts
aikidoka90

Re: Can someone help me to make a simple macro with "Guide button" of Xbox one gamepad please?

29 Sep 2017, 12:26

A_AhkUser wrote:Hi aikidoka90,

Welcome to the AHK community.
To help determine the number corresponding with your joystick button, use this Joystick Test Script from the documentation.

Code: Select all

buttonNumber := 1 ; replace this number with the one corresponding with the Guide button of the XBOX One controller

Hotkey, % "Joy" . buttonNumber, pressTheKey, on ; create a hotkey ; pressTheKey label will be executed each time the hotkey will be pressed
return ; end of the auto-execute section

pressTheKey:
sendinput, {ALt Down}{F2}{Alt Up}
return

Btw there's a Ask for help dedicated subforum.
Thanks A_AhkUser!

I dind't need that script in the end. This the script that is working for me right now:

vk07sc000::

Send {Alt down}

Send {F2 down}

Sleep 10

Send {F2 up}

Send {Alt up}

return
vaduvala

06 Apr 2018, 07:49

Although I am a computer engineer after a long wait i finally received my gears of war console i plugged everything only find out that my controller doesn't work properly, it can connect with the guide button. but it can't open up the guide or turn off my console. I've tried hard resetting,updating, and re-syncing my controller and nothing. I sync my other controller and guide works fine. anyone have any ideas of how to fix it or get it replaced, I'm pretty bummed out about it
evilC

06 Apr 2018, 11:10

As far as I knew, the Guide button on an Xbox controller is invisible to AHK, as it is not exposed via any of the Microsoft APIs that it supports (WinMM, DirectInput).

I think XInput exposes it, but Lexikos' AHK library does not seem to.
As long as it is exposed via XInput (Which I am pretty sure it is), then if all else fails I could expose it via my JoystickWrapper library.

Are you saying that vk07sc000:: is triggered when you hit the Guide button?
jacky556

13 Nov 2022, 03:20

Hello there friend, Im really sorry for bumping old thread. Just searching similar information to fix my prob. Can someone help me please?

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”