ControlSend works for all but one game mechanic Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
fakename28463

ControlSend works for all but one game mechanic  Topic is solved

25 Sep 2018, 18:12

I have a game I play called NexusTK, its a very old MMORPG, launched in 1996. I want to make a script that drops an item on an inactive window. To drop an item, you press "d" to open up a text menu to select the letter of the item you want to drop, then press a letter corresponding to the item letter in your inventory. When I am running my script, my game will accept the first "d to access the text menu, but when I ControlSend the next letter, it just exits the drop menu. The only way I have gotten this to work is activating the window and using the send command. I have not found a single other case in this game where control send will not work. what is happening here? (I am trying to drop the item in slot "d" here, but this could be any letter

Code: Select all

F1::
	WinGet, hwnd, List, Nexus
	windowHandle := hwnd1
	ControlSend,, d, AHK_ID %windowHandle%
Return
What I have tried:
[1] Everything here except the expert steps -- https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/1117 ... he-basics/
[2]

ControlSend,, {Raw}d, AHK_ID %windowHandle%
Return
[3]

ControlSend,, {Text}d, AHK_ID %windowHandle%
Return
[4]

ControlSend,, {d Down}, AHK_ID %windowHandle%
	Sleep, 10
	ControlSend,, {d up}, AHK_ID %windowHandle%
Return
If you are intrigued and want to try anything yourself, the game is relatively small and should take under 10 minutes to download and install, and you can create a character for free to try, otherwise if you have any ideas, I will be glad to test them out. Thanks!

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”