Automate AKH

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Evil-e

Automate AKH

30 Nov 2018, 10:43

I was wondering if when AHK is launched, it could automatically execute key strokes without any user input.

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)
SL5

Re: Automate AKH

30 Nov 2018, 12:00

of course:

send,bla
Evil-e

30 Nov 2018, 12:48

um..... I don't understand :(

To make my question a bit more clear...

I use a batch file to launch Borderlands 1, AHK and a difficulty slider. Once in menu, it then requires "ENTER" 4 times to load the
most recent save to begin actual gameplay.

I think it would be really cool to JUST launch the short-cut and then AHK would automatically send "ENTER" 4 times with ZERO input
from me in any way.

Does that make sense? :morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)
SL5

30 Nov 2018, 12:50

Borderlands is a exe-file?
and you want run it?

run,Borderlands.exe
Evil-e

30 Nov 2018, 13:45

I appreciate your help, but you are not understanding

Here is my batch file:
------------------------------------------------------------------------
@echo off

cd "G:\Games\Borderlands\Game of The Year Edition\Binaries\Win32"

start Keymapping_Borderlands

start Borderlands.exe

exit
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

This starts both the game and AHK.... works perfectly with no issues of any kind and after a few seconds, the menu
finishes loading. Currently, I key "ENTER" four times. Each press navigates through menu and the last press launches the most
recent save file and after a few seconds..... gameplay can actually begin.

AHK is loaded, so I want it to automatically execute "ENTER" four times with no input from me of any kind. So I Left click on the
short-cut and the next time I touch the keyboard.... I am moving my character in game.

Evil-e

26 Dec 2018, 16:45

I am giving this a bump in the hopes that someone who never saw this thread, may have some input :thumbup:

I have a number of games that use a launcher which require a few settings "ticks" prior to hitting the
"start game" button. I am currently using MouseMove or SendEvent to complete the "ticks" and launch game, but
I think it would be really cool for these actions to be 100% completely automated JUST by using the short-cut in my
Start Menu.

anomalocaris

27 Dec 2018, 12:22

You could add the commands to the startup section of your Keymapping_Borderlands script. You might have to put in some sleep commands to wait for the game to be accepting input.
You can send enter presses with the Send command or one of its variants.
Evil-e

27 Dec 2018, 19:00

Fantastic :dance:

I had no idea that code could be put ABOVE the #IfWinActive line..... but there it is :thumbsup:

I will be putting this little gem to work for other games, I am sure

:morebeard: :beers:

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”