Modifier conflicts

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
CrawfordPNX

Modifier conflicts

15 Feb 2019, 20:50

Hello, I bring more questions with me.
I always had problems when I use a key (e.g X) along with modifiers ^,!,+ that gets the ctrl or alt key stuck. Vk07,ff, blind function with if&keystate, keywait doesn't work and I just used a program to switch the hotkeys. How do I make it so X executes its function while ^!x or something does its own, completely independent of each other?

Also I'd like to know how exactly to use mouseclickdrag. Do the drags need their speed to be lowered because some games don't pick up the speed at all? I don't need to use the relative button. Doesn't work despite looking simple, being F1:"drag x1y1 to x2y2, c click thrice at 960,540(mousemove) space". How can I achieve this?
evilC

Re: Modifier conflicts

17 Feb 2019, 09:04

Bear in mind that
*a::Send {b} will, when you activate the hotkey with Ctrl-Shift-A, release ctrl and shift, then send b, then re-press ctrl and shift.
For many games, you do not want this behavior - the b key doesn't care about modifiers.
In that case, use *a::Send {Blind}{b} to stop it from releasing modifiers.
This *may* be what is causing you problems

Dunno about the mouseclickdrag, never use it. You're not trying to use ahk mouse movement commands with a mouse-aim game are you? That likely won't work
CrawfordPNX

Re: Modifier conflicts

18 Feb 2019, 01:21

Hello again. Yes, I've tried if getkeystate, send blind ctrl/alt up long ago and it doesn't solve anything. Same for keywait, menumaskkey as stated above, it saddens me. For drag I should experiment a bit more. I don't play F/Tps or whatever so it's not that important. Programs that rebind the keys through registry, bios always requires restart so it's quite the hassle. I am mighty curious how everything works as intended if I rebind through program, yet suffer the key-stuck syndrome only through switching the two keys in ahk.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”