hot-swap between 2 AHK.exe files Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Evil-e

hot-swap between 2 AHK.exe files

11 Mar 2019, 04:43

Hey, pepes :)

I am currently playing MX vs ATV: Reflex game (vehicles are motorcycles, UTV's, ATV's and Sport Trucks). In this game, there are keys to "Lean Forward" & "Lean Backward" that are used while airborne. Unfortunately, the "Lean Forward" key on 4-wheeled vehicles is the exact opposite and they want to attempt a back-flip :( Why the game works this way is a mystery, but may suddenly swap between any given vehicle between different races.

I can run two AKH.exe files and reverse the script of these two particular keys. So, if a race starts and the required vehicle goes from a motorcycle to a UTV, can I map "F1" to exchange between these AHK.exe files?

This would really help, as game gives VERY little time to react and muscle memory creates issues :(

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)
evilC

Re: hot-swap between 2 AHK.exe files

11 Mar 2019, 09:25

There's no point in using two AHK scripts, use one AHK script and add a toggle to switch between two mappings using an #if block

Code: Select all

Atv :-= 0
return

F12::Atv := !Atv	; Toggle mappings with F12

#if atv	; ATV mappings
a::b
c::d
#if !atv	; Non-ATV mappings
a::c
c::e
#if
Evil-e

Re: hot-swap between 2 AHK.exe files  Topic is solved

11 Mar 2019, 10:00

EDIT: I just now posted this and evilC contributed during the time it took me to write this and pause to make breakfast :)

evilC, I thank you... and have also perfectly illustrated an example of what is in the second to last sentence in THIS post below.
I look at your post and my brain is just mush right now :? You can give me a broken anything and I will figure out how to fix it
or design and manufacture a part to get it working again. Everyone on this site has been very helpful and usually offered more
than one solution to the questions I have posed. It is just that much of it is just over my head.... and I am OK with that :)

end of edit
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

HAHAAAAAA.... female canines :mrgreen:

I figured it out.... look VERY closely at the two following scripts:

THIS one launches, along with game executable, via batch file: Default for Motorcycles & ATV's:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Motorcycle / ATV script:

#IfWinActive MX Vs ATV REFLEX ahk_class MX VS ATV
WinWait, MX Vs ATV REFLEX ahk_class MX VS ATV
WinWaitClose, MX Vs ATV REFLEX ahk_class MX VS ATV
ExitApp
return
$F12::ExitApp
return
2::
{
        Run, "D:\Games\MX vs ATV\Reflex\Keymapping_MX_vs_ATV_Reflex_B.exe
        sleep, 1000
        Process, Close, Keymapping_MX_vs_ATV_Reflex_A.exe
        sleep, 500
}
return
RButton::down
LButton::
{  
        send {up down}{LButton down}{LButton up}
        keywait, LButton
        send {up up}
}
Return
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOW... when a race with Sport Truck or Buggy is entered, I hit the "2" key.
Since the Motorcycle or ATV script is currently running, it will open the following AHK.exe file and close itself (100% silently in background)
IF... I get confused and ALREADY running this script, pressing "2" key will do nothing at all and this script will continue to run :dance:
------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sport Truck / Buggy script:

#IfWinActive MX Vs ATV REFLEX ahk_class MX VS ATV
WinWait, MX Vs ATV REFLEX ahk_class MX VS ATV
WinWaitClose, MX Vs ATV REFLEX ahk_class MX VS ATV
ExitApp
return
$F12::ExitApp
return
1::
{
        Run, "D:\Games\MX vs ATV\Reflex\Keymapping_MX_vs_ATV_Reflex_A.exe
        sleep, 1000
        Process, Close, Keymapping_MX_vs_ATV_Reflex_B.exe
        sleep, 500
}
return
RButton::up
LButton::
{  
        send {down down}{LButton down}{LButton up}
        keywait, LButton
        send {down up}
}
Return
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NOTE: "Up" key is mapped to "Lean Forward" & "Down" key is mapped to "Lean Backward"

So.... I re-enter a motorcycle / ATV race, I hit the "1" key to open the necessary AHK.exe file and close this one (again....silently in background)

It's set up so only one AHK.exe file will be running at a time (actually, both for 1 second) and can hot-swap between them in the middle of
a race. I realize there must be other ways to do this and that many of you would find a simpler way. But honestly, I am damned-freakin'
proud of myself having figured this out, when the vast majority of AHK code makes my head turn in circles (HS grad and a born mechanic)

This is the last issue I had with this game, first world problems... eh?, and will now go back to playing it.

:morebeard:
Last edited by Evil-e on 11 Mar 2019, 10:29, edited 7 times in total.
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)
jeeswg

11 Mar 2019, 10:14

Evil-e + evilC :thumbup:

MsgBox, % (var := "Evil-e")
MsgBox, % RegExReplace(var, "(....)..", "$L1C")
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
Evil-e

11 Mar 2019, 10:25

OK.... there will be NO "sitting in a tree" :D

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”