Hide In-Game Cursor Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
bennybroseph

Hide In-Game Cursor

03 Aug 2019, 11:57

I've been looking all over and unfortunately haven't found a solution. I have a script which takes XInput and turns it into mouse and keyboard input. Through a ton of code this makes you able to play games of similar genre to Diablo III with a controller on PC pretty easily. However, I'd like to hide the in game cursor and use two software cursors instead. This would make the script much more visually cohesive.

But... I don't know how to hide the In-Game cursor. Is this even possible without some sort of hook?
swagfag

Re: Hide In-Game Cursor

04 Aug 2019, 14:31

i havent looked into it very thoroughly myself, but perhaps u could send some kind of a windows message to replace the cursor with a transparent sprite
if ure seeking to do that to a fullscreen dx/opengl app, u would absolutely have to hook the drawing subroutine
bennybroseph

04 Aug 2019, 17:13

Yeah, that's what I'm trying to avoid as I know for sure that's a bannable 3rd Party modification for most online games. I'm using yolomouse right now to do exactly what you described with a blank cursor. At least yolomosue is a trusted app so the likely-hood of a ban is very very slightly less than if I did it with my own app.
swagfag

Re: Hide In-Game Cursor  Topic is solved

04 Aug 2019, 17:58

this app maps itself into ur game's address space and calls SetCursor
if you could do that, u could call ShowCursor(false) and be done with it
of course the only difference being, the app is likely whitelisted, where as u are not =>> bangalore
maybe u could replace one of those cursor files with a transparent one and get the app to inject it, but idk much about cursors
bennybroseph

04 Aug 2019, 20:11

Same. That sounds like a good idea in theory though. I'll do some digging to see if that's possible.
I think that would be the less bannable thing, but I could be wrong. Modifying game files is usually bannable, so maybe it doesn't even matter so either way of doing it is just up to preference.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”