Trying to figure out why exact same code won't work from desktop to laptop?

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
woodsman509

Trying to figure out why exact same code won't work from desktop to laptop?

30 Sep 2019, 17:47

Look at this:

Code: Select all

#NoEnv  ; Recommended for performance and compatibility with future AutoHotkey releases.
; #Warn  ; Enable warnings to assist with detecting common errors.
SendMode Input  ; Recommended for new scripts due to its superior speed and reliability.
SetWorkingDir %A_ScriptDir%  ; Ensures a consistent starting directory.

#ifwinactive, Grand Theft Auto V

^j::

Loop
   {

Send {Enter}

Sleep 50

}

Until GetKeyState("w","p") || GetKeyState("a","p") || GetKeyState("s","p") || GetKeyState("d","p")

return
It works like a charm on my desktop to essentially just press enter over and over for me in a game whilst I go do other things. I installed AHK on laptop same basic express installation config. Opened a new file on desktop and then pasted the main body of the code starting with #ifwinactive on line 5. I compiled it and then went to run it and got "Error at line 10 Line Text: Error: This line does not contain a recognized action. The program will exit." Can anyone tell me what that's all about?
gregster

Re: Trying to figure out why exact same code won't work from desktop to laptop?

30 Sep 2019, 18:15

I copied the code from the codebox above and couldn't reproduce the error - compiled or uncompiled (AHK v1.1.31.00 Unicode - 64 bit). Does it work uncompiled for you?
Which AHK version are we talking about?

And there is nothing shown after Line Text: in the error message? Usually it should show the contents of that line...
Perhaps you copied some non-printable characters into the script file somehow... 🤷‍♂️ It happened before. :shifty:
Try to copy the code again from the codebox above - it works for me.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”