GTA Topic is solved

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Gyro-Gearloose

GTA

06 Jan 2020, 11:06

I am an absolute beginner and am trying to send keystrokes to GTA. I can send any short text to the chat dialogue like "catchup is for kids", but can´t envoke the chat dialog (sending just "T"). That would be my first step in AHK. I got a feeling that taking this first hurdle would be the initial ignition.
SyntaxTerror

Re: GTA

13 Jan 2020, 07:24

Hello @Gyro-Gearloose

This script opens the main chat input box when you press Ctrl + T (code: ^t, you can use something else if you want) and types your text:

Code: Select all

^t::
Send, t
Sleep 200
Send, catchup is for kids
Return
(tested on GTA Online)

You can add {Enter} after kids so it sends the message immediately, but I wouldn't advise that as AutoHotKey sometimes makes unexpected things with GTA5, so like that you can review the text before sending it in the main chat.

You can also add #IfWinActive ahk_class grcWindow at the beggining and #IfWinActive at the end to make it work only when GTA5 window is active.

Good luck.

[EDIT] please don't post your questions twice (cf. https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=9&t=71538&p=309243#p309243 ), even if it is in different languages, especially if you forget to say that the question in solved in the second one...
gregster

Re: GTA  Topic is solved

13 Jan 2020, 12:23

Posting a question in two different languages is usually not a problem (after all, the german request came after this one was unanswered for 6 days).
But yes, a short update (possibly with a link to the solution) would be nice, if the problem is solved in one of the two threads.
Gyro-Gearloose

21 Apr 2020, 01:04

Thank you @SyntaxTerror, thank you very much indeed. I didn't manage so far to get notifications or i did not notice. So forgive me for my late reply. Passing "t" to GTA works. That is I can evoke the chat-dialogue. But the dialogue stays empty. Not text occurs. What am I doing wrong?
send, t
Sleep 200
Send, catchup is for kids
return
Gyro-Gearloose

21 Apr 2020, 03:13

Oh, no. You have fooled yourself and me. GTA does not care whether you press t or ctrl+t. Try assigning the command send t to any other key but t and see what happens.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”