Mouse X & Y to map keys

Ask gaming related questions
Evil-e

Mouse X & Y to map keys

21 Jan 2020, 21:48

I am looking to manipulate aerial position of my characters vehicle with mouse ball. I have researched and experimented, but unable to get the correct syntax for a script, assuming there is one. I have seen ways to locate position of cursor, but nothing to convert mouse ball away to a key. Example:

EDIT: I would like to do the direct opposite of this person, but I wish the mouse BALL to send keys: https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=68050&p=292846&hilit=mouse+y+to+keyboard#p292846

I would like to do the following:
mouse +y = down key
mouse -y = up key
mouse +x = right key
mouse -x = left key

I have not found anything in docs for this. Does anyone know how to make this work?

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)
King_Fisher

Re: Mouse X & Y to map keys

22 Jan 2020, 04:43

Have you looked at getkeystate and joystick axis? You can probably figure it out from those topics. (Sorry I just returned after 10yrs so I’m rusty and a lot has changed) I’m basically having to learn what’s new and what legacy commands still work)

I use to game a lot and I had to use the windowspy to get coordinates on screen. Not sure exactly what you are doing but if it’s simply reversing x and y axis that’s pretty straight forward.
Evil-e

Re: Mouse X & Y to map keys

22 Jan 2020, 08:47

Thanks, but not looking to locate where the cursor is while in a game :) I will take a look tho, just in case I missed something the first time.

I play MX vs ATV: Reflex and if the vehicle is off-balance when landing from a jump to left, right, front or back, a screen prompt requires VERY quick action to use the appropriate key to avoid crashing and hence the name Reflex :) I would like to map the mouse "ball" to these keys. As my thumb is already on the mouse ball and not being used for anything during game play, it would be really convenient to roll the mouse ball, rather than reach for 1 of 4 keys with a very short response time necessary to avoid a crash.

This would come in handy for some other games, but this one would be most beneficial :thumbup:

:morebeard:
I have a bit of experience opening and sending commands to game console and CMD.exe... just ask :)

Return to “Gaming”