imagesearch in fullscreen

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
joe7dust

imagesearch in fullscreen

25 Feb 2020, 13:27

Can't use windowed or fs windowed, game has some kinda bug under VM where it drops to like 4 fps. Gets 60+ in fullscreen just fine.

I found this: https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/63664-solved-imagesearch-failure-wdirectx-fullscreen-gamewin7/

Seems extremely convoluted and its usually a bad idea to go tinkering with game dll and exe, doubt it even works tbh. Is there a workaround to get imagesearch to work in fullscreen with directx? I noticed that prntscn -> paste into mspaint was all black so that is probably what AHK is seeing. I was able to get the caps of what I needed using an ingame screenshot function though, now the tricky part is to get ahk to see the game.
malcev

Re: imagesearch in fullscreen

25 Feb 2020, 13:49

For directx full screen games You have to inject dll in game, after that hook direcx methods, after thato convert directx memory buffer to hbitmap and then search it with gdi+.
joe7dust

Re: imagesearch in fullscreen

25 Feb 2020, 14:34

Yeah I probably won't be doing that, I'm already taking a risk with my automation of basic things... usually injecting shit in DLLs is a ban for online games.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”