Arrow Key Movement Script for Dark Alliance

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
dark

Arrow Key Movement Script for Dark Alliance

23 Jun 2021, 14:08

Could someone help me with this script? It is not working in the game to use the Arrow keys from the WASD keys.

Dark Alliance neglected to put in rebind keys for the game, so I'm forced to go this route.

These work, but cause issues with the keys getting stuck at times and I have some odd issues with the mouse right click not working and it starts to grab all text or items on my desktop. Not sure how to prevent that. This is after exiting out of the game.

These do work, but cause issues with the key sometimes getting stuck. Anyone know how to make this other script work?

Thanks everyone!

Code: Select all

left::A
right::D
UP::W
DOWN::S

This script does nothing in the game, wont work.

#SingleInstance Force
#MaxHotkeysPerInterval 99999
#Persistent
#UseHook

w::
	send {blind}{up down}
	keywait w
return
a::
	send {blind}{left down}
	keywait a
return
s::
	send {blind}{down down}
	keywait s
return
d::
	send {blind}{right down}
	keywait d
return

w up::send {blind}{up up}
a up::send {blind}{left up}
s up::send {blind}{down up}
d up::send {blind}{right up}
[Mod edit: [code][/code] tags added.]
Last edited by gregster on 23 Jun 2021, 15:04, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Topic moved from 'Scripts and Functions'.
boiler

Re: Arrow Key Movement Script for Dark Alliance

23 Jun 2021, 16:11

I’m not sure what you’re trying to accomplish because your two scripts seem to be trying to do the opposite of each other. If you’re getting issues with the first script where it grabs items, it may be because you are mapping the arrow keys to capital letters, so it is sending a Shift along with the letters. Map the arrow keys to a, d, w, s instead of A, D, W, S and see if that solves at least some of your issues.
dark

23 Jun 2021, 17:19

I just want the WASD keys to be used as the Arrow keys.

so how, would you fix that script so it work correctly?
boiler

23 Jun 2021, 18:09

You would do a remapping like this:

a::Left
d::Right
w::Up
s::Down
dark

23 Jun 2021, 18:15

You do understand that I don't want to use WASD as movement keys right?

I was looking at the longer script I posted, I was under the impression that the script I posted is better and does not cause issues with keys hanging up on the desktop after you exit the game.
boiler

23 Jun 2021, 18:29

No, I don’t understand that. When I suggested just changing your first script, you apparently were saying that’s not what you want since it didn’t sound like you tried what I said, so I don’t get what you’re saying. What does “I just want the WASD keys to be used as the Arrow keys” mean, then? Do you want to map them the other way around like your first script? If so, did you try that script with lowercase letters wasd instead of capitals to address the “grabbing” issues like I suggested?
dark

23 Jun 2021, 18:41

I did, but like I was saying that other script with lower case works, but Again, I was still under the impression that when keys stick when holding them donw to long that it causes issue. and that other longer script is supposed to take care of issues like that.

Do you not see how the other script works or how to make it work for what I'm trying to do?
boiler

23 Jun 2021, 18:49

dark wrote: I did, but like I was saying that other script with lower case works, but Again, I was still under the impression that when keys stick when holding them donw to long that it causes issue. and that other longer script is supposed to take care of issues like that.
I would just try the first script by itself and see for yourself if there are still issues to be fixed rather than trying to fix what you heard may be a problem.

dark wrote: Do you not see how the other script works or how to make it work for what I'm trying to do?
I suppose I could see how it might be trying to do, but those kind of fixes aren’t necessarily going to work in every situation, and I definitely wouldn’t be implementing anything more than the simple remapping until I know I have a problem to address.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”