Darksiders 2 - Game using both AHK script and default at same time

Ask gaming related questions (AHK v1.1 and older)
Moses06

Darksiders 2 - Game using both AHK script and default at same time

25 Sep 2021, 17:59

I use RMB to move forward. For this game I keep the "w" key as the default move forward key and use ahk to make RMB act as W, something I've done countless times in games.

For this game there are a few hardbound controls, specifically your "gun controls". Secondary fire is bound to RMB. When I get to the part of the game where this is relevant, when I press my RMB it still acts as "w" and moves my character forward, but it also fires the secondary attack of the gun. This causes my character to move forward while simultaneously firing the gun constantly, it's very annoying and impossible to play this way.

How is the game accepting the ahk script I have running, letting my RMB act as W, yet is also using RMB as default RMB? I've never seen this in a game before. Isn't ahk making RMB act as W? Somewhere along the way the game still receives a default RMB input when I press the button down.

So, is it possible to put something in my script to still allow me to use RMB as W, but also completely stop the default use of RMB from the game? I've only ever used very basic scripts with ahk and don't know any advanced features that might help me with this problem.
mikeyww

Re: Darksiders 2 - Game using both AHK script and default at same time

25 Sep 2021, 18:43

You can post your script to get feedback about it.
Moses06

25 Sep 2021, 18:52

Sure, but like I said it's very basic.

Rbutton::w
i::o
p::tab
`;::Enter
insert::suspend

That's it, the entire script. I use the right side of the keyboard so I usually have to change a lot of keybinds with ahk.
mikeyww

25 Sep 2021, 18:58

Test it in Notepad. If it works there, then it means that your game is the issue, not the script. Games are not required to respond as you command!

https://autohotkey.com/board/topic/111737-how-to-make-ahk-work-in-most-games-the-basics/

KeyHistory will show you what is happening with the keys.
Moses06

25 Sep 2021, 20:40

It's definitely the game, I've just never seen one use the script and the general use of the key (or button) simultaneously.

Return to “Gaming Help (v1)”