Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.17 21st Aug 2017

21 Dec 2017, 06:31

I just had a play with a profile switcher, and certainly seemed to notice *something* odd when I set it up with one parent, one child.
However, when I set it up "properly" (One parent, two children) - the way I normally use it, it works.
Intended usage is one parent with two children ("Shifted" and "Unshifted") both with inherit checked.
It probably should work the other way as well, but as long as this way works and serves your needs, I doubt I will bother updating this version of UCR.

RE: The code runner plugin and vJoy, you can't, because AHK does not natively support vJoy. It *may* be possible to do, but again, this version of UCR is End of Life, so I am unlikely to attempt to implement it in this version. Timed sequences of actions are certainly something we want to try and support in the new version though, it's just a case of working out how to best implement it.

Regarding HG/WK - in theory I would have thought that UCR crashing and restarting should not be an issue, as WK should see the new PID and update it. I will look into it / ask Nefarius.
RecklessPrudence

21 Dec 2017, 07:47

evilC wrote:I just had a play with a profile switcher, and certainly seemed to notice *something* odd when I set it up with one parent, one child.
However, when I set it up "properly" (One parent, two children) - the way I normally use it, it works.
Intended usage is one parent with two children ("Shifted" and "Unshifted") both with inherit checked.
It probably should work the other way as well, but as long as this way works and serves your needs, I doubt I will bother updating this version of UCR.

RE: The code runner plugin and vJoy, you can't, because AHK does not natively support vJoy. It *may* be possible to do, but again, this version of UCR is End of Life, so I am unlikely to attempt to implement it in this version. Timed sequences of actions are certainly something we want to try and support in the new version though, it's just a case of working out how to best implement it.

Regarding HG/WK - in theory I would have thought that UCR crashing and restarting should not be an issue, as WK should see the new PID and update it. I will look into it / ask Nefarius.
Hm. I set up the one parent two children config in a new 'Test' profile, that the 'Shifted' and 'Unshifted' children had only the Profile Switcher function, and it still needs two clicks. I backed up my UCR.ini, deleted UCR, downloaded and unzipped a new copy, amd set up the same 'Test' profile. and same thing. Are there any dependencies UCR has that might not be up to date on my machine, or something? Nevermind, got it working!

Also, for the Code Runner plugin - if I can't output vJoy commands, can I output commands from the physical joystick instead - will UCR pick those up and interpret them through? As in, if the command is manually done by hitting Stick 1 JoyPOVs DOWN, LEFT, LEFT, UP, LEFT, which tell UCR to output the appropriate commands to vJoy (say, vJoy Buttons 2, 3, 3, 1, 3) , but I want to do it in one button press, could I have UCR output the physical JoyPOV presses, and then UCR would take that in as if I was hitting them manually and feed vJoy the appropriate commands? EDIT: Nope, it won't. Dammit. Oh well, guess I can always bind the power systems to some keyboard presses and do it that way.
M1Combat

22 Dec 2017, 05:52

Do you still have plans to support more than 6 axes? As I understand this is/was a limitation of AHK and I'm currently running into it...
VicoLee

22 Dec 2017, 15:32

Hi, does the joystick combine work in UCR like in UJR?
M1Combat

22 Dec 2017, 16:46

Any chance it will support more than 8? I have a fairly rare Saitek X65F (most people didn't want to take the leap of faith to the force sensing stick so they didn't sell well)... It has 9 axes. X, Y, Stick Rotate, Two throttle axes, Two rotary wheels and a 2 axis analog thumb stick...

I currently use UCR to remap a throttle and a brake pedal into a rudder to use for DCS:World.

"Most" games I use will see all 9 axes of the X65F. DCS is one of those... but Star Citizen is not :(. I am trying to map the thumb stick axes as my strafe left/right and up/down axes... Unfortunately the thumb stick axes are the 8th and 9th I think.

All that said... I have a few registry tweaks that seem to reassign axes so I'm pretty sure I can use one of those to get all the axes I actually need into the first 8... So a software with an 8 axis limitation would likely work for me anyway.

Also... THANK YOU for this piece of software. It's a life saver to a sim guy like me :).
haltux

23 Dec 2017, 06:27

Hello,

Thanks for this nice tool.
I have an issue, I don't think it was previously reported. At least I did not find it.

I use UCR in IL2, a flight simulation. It is extremely useful in VR, where you can't use your keyboard. There is not enough button on my joystick for all the required keys, so I use UCR to remap buttons and switch between profiles (landing, fight, bombing...). The "profile speaker" is extremely useful as well.

But the problem is that Button-to-Button does not work with Shift, Ctrl and Alt. Basically they are ignored. If I output shift-A in UCR, il2 register A.

I can solve the issue by assigning only non-shifted keys inside the game, but this is very cumbersome, especially because there are not so many available keys in this kind of games...

Any ideas? Thanks a lot.
evilC

23 Dec 2017, 14:36

VicoLee wrote:Hi, does the joystick combine work in UCR like in UJR?
Basically the same, yes
M1Combat wrote:Any chance it will support more than 8? [...] "Most" games I use will see all 9 axes of the X65F. DCS is one of those... but Star Citizen is not :(. I am trying to map the thumb stick axes as my strafe left/right and up/down axes... Unfortunately the thumb stick axes are the 8th and 9th I think.
Surprised... As far as I knew, DirectInput only supports 8 axes.
Whatever DI supports, the new version of UCR should. It may not support the 9th axis off the bat (Maybe just because we did not give it a name or something) but one way or another hopefully we should be able to get it working. It may require a remote session for me to try out some code on it or something.
haltux wrote:Hello,
But the problem is that Button-to-Button does not work with Shift, Ctrl and Alt. Basically they are ignored. If I output shift-A in UCR, il2 register A.

I can solve the issue by assigning only non-shifted keys inside the game, but this is very cumbersome, especially because there are not so many available keys in this kind of games...
I tested this and it seems good in notepad, eg if I bind Shift-A, I get a capital a. Not quite sure why the game is not recognizing it.
Another alternative might be to emulate a vJoy stick - that can have up to 128 buttons, so plenty to play with there, plus it would not interfere with other keyboard commands (immune to state of shift, alt etc)
Acecool

26 Dec 2017, 11:33

Edit: I see there actually have been a LOT of updates. I'll check it out and see if I see the same issues and way back when..

Orig:

Is there any way to increase performance? I haven't used this in a long time because of performance issues... For example, running Mafia 3 or any game really - the input is incredibly laggy when I add a lot of controllers...

ie: I add my XBox 360 Wireless controller and set it up, along with my 2 joysticks, shifter and pedals.

It feels like the more I add, the slower it gets, almost like it is using a nested loop etc.. instead of callbacks - ie button pressed > is button bound > yes > redirect... button released > is button set to pressed ( only log bound keys ) > yes > redirect.

I'd like to use this because there are a few games which don't support multiple controllers, but the lag makes it unplayable... Keys will get stuck in the down position for seconds ( accelerator of a vehicle, for instance .. or brakes .. or weapon trigger... ) which then causes other issues... I got around this by setting the ucr / ujr to realtime in task manager, but it still did it frequently enough that I wasn't able to use it...

The reason I have so many controllers is because I also develop games - being able to test a wide variety of controllers helps ensure the end-users get a good experience ( games I develop for do not limit one controller - I use this for games which don't take the extra time to add an additional line to include other controllers and a few more to ensure the callbacks work with them although in some cases you don't need to add anything new - just go through devices, register the keys and go.. )
-Josh 'Acecool' Moser
I teach various programming languages, game programming, etc... I am also taking on programming jobs as my health allows.
evilC

26 Dec 2017, 14:36

The way to improve performance in UCR is to not use an interpreted language. Things like mouse rawinput are especially heavy on AHK, but when you have lots of inputs, it starts to become noticeable.
This is why I have now moved my efforts to a rewrite in C#, although ultimately parts may need to move to C++

UCR is now a two man effort, Snoothy has joined me and has handled the front end UI to date, leaving me to concentrate on the back end.
After a bit of a break due to RL getting in the way lately, we are looking to try and push an alpha out by new year while we are both on vacation.
You are more than welcome to pitch in and help, you can find us in our discord channel https://discord.gg/MmnhQYQ
Galaxius

27 Dec 2017, 07:33

Hi, I have a Saitek X-56 HOTAS and was able to map both the throttle and joystick to their own profiles successfully but after shutting down and restarting my pc the input stick (3) for the joystick is now greyed out so it profile doesn't capture any inputs from the joystick now. I've uninstalled the saitek drivers and installed the newer logitech drivers but still no dice. I've also tried disconnecting/reconnecting the joystick and swapping it's USB port with the throttle. The joystick is detected in the X56 HOTAS software and by Kerbal Space Program fine but UCR can no longer see it. When I created the profiles I had input sticks 1, 2, 3 (X56 Joystick), and 4 (X56 Throttle), but now 3 is greyed out so I only have 1, 2, 4. The throttle is still detected by UCR. I'm using UCR 0.1.18 and vJoy 2.1.8.

Any ideas? Can I force UCR to re-detect the input devices? Does UCR cache input devices to the registry or somewhere, and if so can I just delete them for it to re-detect? I haven't tried uninstalling/reboot/reinstall vJoy yet.

Also, should the throttle profile be created as a child of the joystick profile for both to run together or should I map both the joystick and throttle in a single profile?
Demonlord

27 Dec 2017, 09:42

Hello!
This is a nice one solution for gamers.

I'm having a trouble... the xbox controller right stick is not being recognized by the UCR and vjoy feeder.

What i want to do is bind the xbox right stick to controll the mouse cursor movement across the screen.

if i do this with the left stick, works fine... but everytime i try to do this with the right stick, doesn't work.

I have the vjoy installed and running well... i think, because all the others bindings are working fine.

Thanks in advance.

PS: sorry for my bad english!
evilC

27 Dec 2017, 10:44

What, you want to use your real xbox controller to move the mouse around the screen?
In that case, vJoy is not needed.
If the left stick works, not really sure why the right stick would not.
You see the sliders where you select stick x or stick y that move when you operate the stick? Do they move the same way for left stick and right stick?
Galaxius

27 Dec 2017, 17:09

Thanks evilC. I used JoyID to move the joystick to an unused number then back again and now UCR detects it correctly again.

Now to combine my joystick and throttle profiles into a single profile... time for a bit of Notepad++ I think. Then might try out Whitelister to ensure I'm getting the vJoy sticks in Kerbal.

For the convenience of others
Whitelister to hide your actual stick: https://autohotkey.com/boards/viewtopic.php?t=34890
JoyIDs to fix a lost input stick in UCR: https://theairtacticalassaultgroup.com/ ... hp?t=13009

Should you update the thread title/date for UCR v0.1.18 as it says v0.1.17 ?

Thanks again, love ya work.
7mercies

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.19 26th Dec 2017

27 Dec 2017, 19:15

I have not been able to find a solution to my problem so I am hoping someone here can help me?

Whenever I try to bind any button to UCR I get the audible noise when I press the button, but nothing binds. I have to end the program because everything I do makes a noise and nothing is bound.
Demonlord

27 Dec 2017, 19:52

evilC wrote:What, you want to use your real xbox controller to move the mouse around the screen?
In that case, vJoy is not needed.
If the left stick works, not really sure why the right stick would not.
You see the sliders where you select stick x or stick y that move when you operate the stick? Do they move the same way for left stick and right stick?
Hello! Thanks for your reply!!!

well, yes... i see the sliders bars but they don't move or the 'bind' doesn't work... not sure why, but if i change the stick to 1 all work with the left stick, but with the 2 stick no...

I want because i mostly use the UCR to play on Bluestack with the xbox control, so in order to not have mouse+xbox, i try to set all i need on the xbox control.

With the Pinnacle Game Profiler i could bind the mouse to the right stick... but with the UCR i can't even see the right one detected.

I'm fully grateful for your help.
evilC

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.19 26th Dec 2017

28 Dec 2017, 10:07

Well if the sliders are not moving, then UCR is not seeing the stick move, though I have no idea why that would be.
I just tested it with my xbox pad and axis 4 and 5 are the right stick, and the sliders move just fine.

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”