Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

Post gaming related scripts
alain_porcelain

Re: Universal Control Remapper (UCR) - v0.1.22 28th Oct 2018

27 Mar 2020, 10:31

Hello Mr. EvilC!

Congrats to the software, I use it for simracing, and I find it one of the bests of it's genere.
I use it for Raceroom for converting mouseY to vJoyY to control throttle.
My main problem is that despite of I have acceptable pace at public level, I can't really apply enough throttle at sharp and slow turns like hairpins, as
mouseX for steering and mouseY for throttle is quite interlinked.

So my question is:
Can I have a keyboard bind to apply a decent amount of throttle alonsgide the mouseY throttle handling?
Technically, what i would like to have a keyboard bind, when I hold it it increases the actual vJoy Y axis value.

I have experimented with Axis Merger, and some hacky combinations, but with any setting of it I not succeed. Also tried ButtonToAxis with many possible
settings but only with mediocre success.

So I guess maybe with CodeRunner, but I'm not familiar with AHK.
What i'd like it likely implementing the following algorithm:
1. If or while <keyboard bind for throttle> pressed read the current vJoy axisY value,
and increase it in some manner. I would like the keyboard and mouse to feed the same axis
"simultaneously".
2. If <keyboard bind for throttle> released do nothing, or vjoY axisY value decrease to
the value before keyboard throttle applied.

Probably for smooth transition it could be done at a loop running for a few ms and increasing or decreasing throttle
gradually, but with a fair amount. If the key tapped i guess the loop started in multiple instances is quite a good
solution. Parametrizing it is not important, I can do it.

So can you provide a small snippet into the Code runner if it can be solved with UCR and it's code runner?
Or any trivial solution what I may not know yet? Or it only can be done via a custom feeder?
I would be happy with a simple if bind being held then increase, loopless version too :)

My configuration is:
1. I have only a MouseToVjoy input: mouseY, output: vjoY Stick1 axis2. I use Absolute mode.
The other features are handled by Raceroom as it has a really well done mouse steering built in.

Bye bye, have a nice day! :)
ChairmanSaab

22 Apr 2020, 09:26

alain_porcelain wrote:
27 Mar 2020, 10:31
Hello Mr. EvilC!

Congrats to the software, I use it for simracing, and I find it one of the bests of it's genere.
I use it for Raceroom for converting mouseY to vJoyY to control throttle.
My main problem is that despite of I have acceptable pace at public level, I can't really apply enough throttle at sharp and slow turns like hairpins, as
mouseX for steering and mouseY for throttle is quite interlinked.

So my question is:
Can I have a keyboard bind to apply a decent amount of throttle alonsgide the mouseY throttle handling?
Technically, what i would like to have a keyboard bind, when I hold it it increases the actual vJoy Y axis value.

I have experimented with Axis Merger, and some hacky combinations, but with any setting of it I not succeed. Also tried ButtonToAxis with many possible
settings but only with mediocre success.

So I guess maybe with CodeRunner, but I'm not familiar with AHK.
What i'd like it likely implementing the following algorithm:
1. If or while <keyboard bind for throttle> pressed read the current vJoy axisY value,
and increase it in some manner. I would like the keyboard and mouse to feed the same axis
"simultaneously".
2. If <keyboard bind for throttle> released do nothing, or vjoY axisY value decrease to
the value before keyboard throttle applied.

Probably for smooth transition it could be done at a loop running for a few ms and increasing or decreasing throttle
gradually, but with a fair amount. If the key tapped i guess the loop started in multiple instances is quite a good
solution. Parametrizing it is not important, I can do it.

So can you provide a small snippet into the Code runner if it can be solved with UCR and it's code runner?
Or any trivial solution what I may not know yet? Or it only can be done via a custom feeder?
I would be happy with a simple if bind being held then increase, loopless version too :)

My configuration is:
1. I have only a MouseToVjoy input: mouseY, output: vjoY Stick1 axis2. I use Absolute mode.
The other features are handled by Raceroom as it has a really well done mouse steering built in.

Bye bye, have a nice day! :)
Hi there,
Did you have any luck? I'm also using it for sim racing. I'm using the monect app (available on app store) and have binded the throttle button on the app to vJoy Zaxis.

Looking for a similar script which would let me perform the following:

1. When the throttle button is pressed, the Zaxis should gradually increase from 0 to 100 in a span of 1500-2000ms maybe in increments of 10 or 5.
2. when the throttle button is unpressed, it should immediately revert back, there shouldn't be a need for a second button.

I think there's an already an option which let you do this but haven't found a way to reset it back to 0 the moment you let go of the throttle button.

Thanks!
alain_porcelain

22 Apr 2020, 14:02

Hello ChairmanSaab sadly I not made too much progress on it, so i went back to my usual config for UCR.
Actually it's not that bad, but depending on talent takes quite much effort to master.
I was a not so talented at simracing and being lapped multiple times at first months, now
I'm an ok public player, with 3-4 seconds off the leaderboard bests at an average GP track,
while doing more valid laps than most of the public players and not hitting other guys,
while not practicing that much, but of course quite much, as having interlinked steering
and throttle is not that easy.

I think the point you should be aware theoretically is that not gradually but instantly releasing the
throttle to zero or to a stored prevoius low level can produce nasty things like:
the car will have heavily unsettled balance, even more than caused by usual lift off oversteer
(depending how much realism your fav sim has it can be very severe),
so this is why stopped experimenting with this configuration, it's just not ok
to just switch off the engine and go 0 rev :) So better to script it and try gradually, but
of course tha's still less degree of freedom than it should be. That's why mouseY for throttle is nice,
you can lift a bit more gently, except for hairpin-like turns and unexpected moments where you should
be able to use throttle rapidly as balancing.

The app you mentioned is nice and seems amazing, but I'm looking for a non smartphone thingie.
Maybe I could modify an open source vjoy feeder to my taste but sadly I have a lot of other things to do.

GL and HF mister :)
ChairmanSaab

24 Apr 2020, 14:09

alain_porcelain wrote:
22 Apr 2020, 14:02
Hello ChairmanSaab sadly I not made too much progress on it, so i went back to my usual config for UCR.
Actually it's not that bad, but depending on talent takes quite much effort to master.
I was a not so talented at simracing and being lapped multiple times at first months, now
I'm an ok public player, with 3-4 seconds off the leaderboard bests at an average GP track,
while doing more valid laps than most of the public players and not hitting other guys,
while not practicing that much, but of course quite much, as having interlinked steering
and throttle is not that easy.

I think the point you should be aware theoretically is that not gradually but instantly releasing the
throttle to zero or to a stored prevoius low level can produce nasty things like:
the car will have heavily unsettled balance, even more than caused by usual lift off oversteer
(depending how much realism your fav sim has it can be very severe),
so this is why stopped experimenting with this configuration, it's just not ok
to just switch off the engine and go 0 rev :) So better to script it and try gradually, but
of course tha's still less degree of freedom than it should be. That's why mouseY for throttle is nice,
you can lift a bit more gently, except for hairpin-like turns and unexpected moments where you should
be able to use throttle rapidly as balancing.

The app you mentioned is nice and seems amazing, but I'm looking for a non smartphone thingie.
Maybe I could modify an open source vjoy feeder to my taste but sadly I have a lot of other things to do.

GL and HF mister :)
Hi Alain,
I've found a solution for my usage, using the Axis to Axis incremental feature, I was able to increase the value gradually just by holding the button (have mapped Axis to a button on the monect app). It's basically what you wanted,the value climbs gradually and descend in a gradual fashion too, reducing the lift-off oversteer somewhat. I've found a way to auto-reset the throttle when the button is released, so there's no need to prefix 2 buttons either.

You can find it here, https://github.com/HidWizards/UCR-Plugins
Bisch

26 May 2020, 10:32

Great tool! A big WOW! from my side ;)

I installed UCR and Intercept and try two use two keyboards for different task. As a test I mapped N on keyboard two C on Keyboard one. It works but instead of a C I always get NC. So I guess I need to block the original input but I have not found a way in UCR to do so. Even thread search did not help. I found sth about blocking but I can't find it in any dropdown of UCR.
romm

12 Jun 2020, 13:28

hello
how to set mouseToJoy signal to zero?
and to 128 if you know how.
thx
alain_porcelain

25 Jun 2020, 15:52

Hello!

Is it possible to change Scale factor in Absolute mode via Code Runner?
I use UCR v0.1.22 (based on AHK) version.
Can someone provide the Code runner snippet doing this if possible?
rbhun

26 Dec 2020, 16:53

Hi

I'd like to propose a function for UCR, specifically the Button to Button function. Toggle mode for the input. See you can now create an output button which switches between on/off states when the input is toggled, but not vice versa. You cannot have an input button which is either on or off, toggle an output button.

Explanation: I have a flight sim, where I have a lever (for parking brake, for example). That lever is either front (off) or back (on). Normally I'd push the lever forward to deactivate parking brake. Except that the sim requires a toggle, a pushbutton normally found on joysticks, to toggle between break on/off. I cannot now create this with UCR.

At the same time, I'd suggest having a 'reverse' button function - so I can have a button pressed when I let one go. Basically same reason, hardware controllers are wired NO or NC buttons, but the sim usually have one way. This only works after the previous idea was implemented, of course.

Thank you
Balazs
Titomane

27 Dec 2020, 21:01

Is it possible create pluggin combine 1 vAxis + 1 vbutton when push 1 button controller
I need push vjoy button 2 during vjoy slider 0 is pushed to max.
2= vjoy1 button 2 pushed
0 =vjoy1 button 2 released
- = vjoy1 slider 100

--------------------------
|25ms |50ms |25ms |

if is possible set time to 100ms will be perfect if is other timming near too

update
I compiled a vjoy feeder with SDK works except when UCR is playing didnt works.
Any idea for feed vjoy when UCR is running using app or command line?

Thank so much
LW1743

04 Jan 2021, 08:39

Hello evilC
I´ve got a question to your UCR program. I have build my self a button box with oneway switches and my problem is that if I want to use the button box in Elite Dangerous I need to send an impulse when the button is pressed down and when I release the button. In your program you have a thing named Code Runner and with that I am able to send a impulse (keyboard button press) when I press and when I release the button. But with code runner I have not been able to use vJoy as an output.

Here is an example of what I want to do:

Code: Select all

1Joy1::
Send {vJoy1}  ; press and release vJoy button 1
KeyWait 1Joy1  ; Wait for the user to release the joystick button.
Send {vJoy1}  ; press and release vJoy button 1
return
Hope you could understand my problem/question and sry for the bad english.
Yours faithfully, Lukas
Kazurengan

05 Jan 2021, 19:53

Can someone help me please, I am trying to get my RT and LT triggers into one of my buttons, is that possible? They are detected as Z Axis but apparently my controller can't be input and output at the same time, is there anyway I could do this?

To be more exact:

I press A/X to accelerate a car but the RT gets pressed

And for braking LT
YatoAntrax20XX

09 Apr 2021, 13:34

Thanks, I was looking for the script to shield for example that the "select" button on an Xbox One controller was pressed "L" on the keyboard. With this program it has been possible. : ') Thank you very much, you have saved me from an OCD that I have when changing cameras. A greeting
blam666

27 Oct 2022, 20:14

Hi, I'm a newbie trying to get into using UCR 0.9.0 together with Vjoy.

It works great so far on almost all apps and games I used it on, but I encountered some strange problem with an older game (Earthsiege 2)
I'm trying to remap buttons for.

I use an Xinput Xbox 360 Gamepad as input (SharpDX_Directinput) to control Vjoy (Core_vJoyInterfaceWrap). I can remap all axis just fine.
But the game still registers all button input from the X360 Gamepad, so I can't really remap them without achieving duplicate conflicting binds.

For instance I tried to remap Right Shoulder button to Button 1, so I can use it for fire, but pushing the button also triggers some "weapons select" function alongside firing the game configuration originally put on that shoulder button. Unfortunately there is no in-game function of unmapping that button.

The problem is obvious when I use Vjoy as preferred device with a blank setup, without any mapping in UCR. All other games would simply not react to any gamepad input. But in this game, all sticks, trigger buttons and the POV pad do nothing, but all buttons still trigger the original functions through the Xbox Gamepad.

Is there some way to "hide" or suppress button functions for such cases, so remapping the buttons will work without any issues?
kyubi85

05 Dec 2022, 06:33

can you add autofire toggle function?
iamihha

17 May 2023, 13:25

Hi
As i got it, ucr adds one button to another. for example i try to remap "[" with "7", but when i press it, it types "[7"
How to fix thix? i want it to fully remap buttons (disable their original mapping). Also to use with vJoy (i want it to override my keyboard input with gamepad inputs, and it does both)

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”