Universal Joystick Remapper (UJR) - v6.10 2nd Nov 2015

Post gaming related scripts
rbt

Re: Universal Joystick Remapper (UJR)

25 May 2015, 05:55

Thanks a lot for the comment about Windows 8.1 x64.
shanki

30 May 2015, 11:15

Hello

I'm having a bit of trouble getting UJR to work on my Windows 7 x64.

First of all I should mention that I uninstalled and reinstalled Vjoy and Headkaze's program of the same name a couple of time. But I now have it all working. I can configure virtual Joysticks, monitor them and use the feeder for testing. The controllers show up in joy.cpl as well. Looking for a way to map keyboard keys to joypad keys i stumbled upon UJR. When I start it though I first get an error message saying MSVCR120.dll is missing. I tried reinstalling it with regsvr32 but it failed because it couldn't find an entry point. Next I get two more error messages saying that it couldn't load vjoyinterface.dll. It says that it's found it but unable to load. I checked the previously posted reg keys and they look to be ok.
If anyone could give me any advice It'd be greatly appreciated.
Stephen

02 Jun 2015, 17:06

same kind of thing here too,
when i launch it, I get messages saying 'failed to load interface DLL. Followed by 'Loadlibrary vjoyinterface.dll failed'. Followed by, two messages saying 'device 1 is not ready'.
Otto-Clayshow

03 Jun 2015, 16:46

Sorry for delay gentlemen, I lost track of this. Thank you very much for your replies.
jonjonz777

03 Jun 2015, 16:48

I am also just getting the messages that it failed reading those two files:

Failed to load interface DLL.

Trying to locate vJoyInterface.dll...
Looking in C:\Program Files\vJoy\x86\...FOUND. Loading...FAILED

Both programs are there, but trying to start universal joystick remapper.

The registry key mentioned in this thread does appear correctly in my registry.

This is with Win 7 home premium.

Is there any solution to this?
Poi

19 Jun 2015, 10:43

I've also had the error:

Failed to load interface DLL.

Trying to locate vJoyInterface.dll...
Looking in C:\Program Files\vJoy\x86\...FOUND. Loading...FAILED

It seems the error is from vjoy 0.2.0.5, so I fixed it by downgrading vjoy to 0.2.0.4.
evilC

22 Jun 2015, 09:19

Poi wrote:It seems the error is from vjoy 0.2.0.5, so I fixed it by downgrading vjoy to 0.2.0.4.
Funny, vJoy 2.0.5 works fine for me.

If you right click vjoyinterface.dll in C:\Program Files\vJoy\x86 and select properties, then select the "Details" tab, it should show the version number under the "Product version" entry.

So when you install 2.0.5, is that file present? What version is it?
evilC

17 Jul 2015, 07:52

UJR 6.7 has been released!

6.7 - 17th July 2015
= Greatest mode now works in a more logical manner - it should now behave similarly to Merge mode.
+ Linear merge added - thanks WooterTheTroubleshooter for the suggestion!
= Tooltip hints for merge modes improved.
= CPU load reduced - GUI controls for axes that are not being used are no longer continually updated.

Please take note of the "Greatest" merge mode changes!
If you use that mode, it now works slightly differently. If you are having difficulty setting it up, just set it up like you would "Merge" mode - it now expects the inputs to be configured in the same way as Merge mode.
I made this change as I felt that it was silly for it to be expecting inputs to be configured in a totally different way to Merge mode, when it was just a slight variation on Merge mode.

Enjoy!
Mr Math

27 Jul 2015, 16:09

I'm running Windows 7.

Please help, I can't map the POV hat. The axes and buttons all work fine. I've opened the USB game pad control panel and checked the vJoy device, and I can confirm that all the buttons and analog sticks are properly mapped. But on UJR's "Hats" tab, the "Physical Stick ID" drop-down menu is greyed out, so I can't assign the POV hat properly. Again, I've checked the vJoy device in the control panel, and it does not recognize the POV hat. My controller has a functioning hat, and I've set up a four-direction hat in vJoy, so I have no idea why this refuses to work. I am getting incredibly frustrated.

Just to make this even more frustrating, the debug window opens up with the top two-thirds of the window hidden above the top of my monitor screen. So I can't see any of the debug messages or move the window at all. What's up with that?
evilC

27 Jul 2015, 18:15

The debug window will always appear above the UJR window. If it is too high, move UJR down before opening the debug window.
However, I only tend to use the debug window for writing new stuff, I don't make it output stuff in normal usage, as it would slow the app down significantly.

The Hat option will be greyed out if vJoy's hat is set to "4 direction".
You want to set vJoy's POV to "Continuous"
Mr Math

27 Jul 2015, 18:34

I made the change, and sure enough it worked. Thanks.
Amerkican

30 Jul 2015, 01:27

First off, awesome! thanks for the program!

I've made it to key binding. I have successfully mapped my hotas setup with vjoy and ujr. Ujr responds to all my inputs correctly. I am stuck at binding the keys in Battlefield 4. When I press the key binding select button I only get a single tone. I've tried being very quick and pressing up on the controller to no avail. I've increased the delay and it changes nothing. Could you please specify in what order of operations key binding is supposed to work? The description in your UJR program isn't idiot proof apparently.
evilC

30 Jul 2015, 03:06

Yeah, the readme isn't the best, sorry.
Binding each button / axis to the virtual stick is a two stage process.
(Make sure you have hotkeys bound to "Quickbind" and "quickbind select" in UJR's binding tab before you start)
1) Hit UJR's "quickbind select" hotkey and move the axis or press the button you are about to bind.
This will cause the radio control in UJR next to that axis/button to be selected.
2) In the game, hit the Bind button for the input you wish to bind, then quickly hit UJR's "Quickbind" hotkey.
This will move the virtual button/axis, and the game should see it change and bind.
You can hit the "Quickbind" hotkey after you click the game's bind button, but the game may see you press the "quickbind" hotkey and bind to that, so it's generally best to do it the other way around.

Hope this helps.
Jingo Lingo

06 Oct 2015, 11:36

Is there a way to "toggle" an "axis lock" function? Something like:

1. Hold joystick in a position. Hardware outputs (for example) x,y 64,64, software sees 64,64.
2. Press button.
3. Release (self-centering) joystick. Hardware now outputs 0,0, but software still sees 64,64.
4. Move joystick, drop joystick, sling joystick around like a yo-yo. Hardware outputs all sorts of random coordinates. Software still sees 64,64. As far as it's concerned, I've been holding the joystick steady off-center the whole time.
5. Press button.
6. Joystick is no longer "frozen", hardware and software both match again, as normal.

I was hoping AHK alone could do this, but of course it can't actually send joystick commands. Various increasingly-desperate searches landed me here. Here's hoping there's a way!
evilC

06 Oct 2015, 13:24

UJR can do this, sort of.
Well, it couldn't, but I just released a new version that can (with caveats)
There was already an option in the bindings tab called "Functionality Toggle". This was used by other ADHD scripts, and actually did nothing in UJR.
With the new version (6.8), whatever you bind to that binding will turn on/off UJR's remapping. Doing so while an axis is off-center will stop moving that axis (giving you a "lock").
The big caveat is that it will also disable all other UJR functions - so all other axes / buttons that you remapped with UJR will stop working.
This is not a problem if you bind the game functions directly to the physical stick, not the virtual one. Only bind the virtual axes that you wish to be able to lock to the game.

If you wish to have it so that only one axis locks, and the rest of the buttons / axes on the physical stick still remap to the virtual stick in lock mode, you would have to code it yourself.
This can be done using AHK, but you would need my CvJoyInterface library to let AHK control the vJoy stick.

The code would be pretty simple to write - set up an endless loop that uses the GetKeyState command to read the state of the axis and button, then set the value of the vJoy stick axis accordingly using my vJoy lib (either pass through the new value if the axis lock is off, or stop passing values if axis lock is on). You are probably talking like 20 lines of code.

Let me know if you need any help
JingoLingo

07 Oct 2015, 23:35

evilC wrote:UJR can do this, sort of.
Well, it couldn't, but I just released a new version that can (with caveats)
ImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImageImage

Words cannot quite express it and neither can emoticons. You have no idea how happy I am right now, I've spent the past 72 hours cursing up a storm at Google (practically every search result was people complaining about unresponsive joysticks) and this is just the sweetest, sweetest relief.

Holy heck, I was prepared to have to jump through a bunch of hoops to jury-rig some way to toggle the joystick with the joystick, only to find out that your program lets me do that out-of-the-box. I'm truly speechless, I've been sitting here motionless for a while just trying to word how grateful I am.
evilC wrote:The big caveat is that it will also disable all other UJR functions - so all other axes / buttons that you remapped with UJR will stop working.
This is not a problem if you bind the game functions directly to the physical stick, not the virtual one. Only bind the virtual axes that you wish to be able to lock to the game.
Honestly, individual axes are just the icing on the cake (see above about how astounded I was/am that I can actually toggle it with the joystick itself).

I'm guessing the easiest way to do this, should I ever decide I need to, would be creating a new vJoy stick, with the "constant" axes read from the physical stick, and the "toggle" axes read from the UJR vJoy, then binding to that?

And this is seriously nitpicky, but is there any way to disable the "beep" effect when enabling/disabling, other than the Device Manager workaround detailed here? (Which I've done and am more than happy with for the time being, but of course "happy" is my default state right now thanks to this!)
evilC wrote:If you wish to have it so that only one axis locks, and the rest of the buttons / axes on the physical stick still remap to the virtual stick in lock mode, you would have to code it yourself.
This can be done using AHK, but you would need my CvJoyInterface library to let AHK control the vJoy stick.

The code would be pretty simple to write - set up an endless loop that uses the GetKeyState command to read the state of the axis and button, then set the value of the vJoy stick axis accordingly using my vJoy lib (either pass through the new value if the axis lock is off, or stop passing values if axis lock is on). You are probably talking like 20 lines of code.

Let me know if you need any help
Ooooooh, nice :dance: So this would be run as a regular AHK script, with the UJR program running in the background? I suspect I could figure it out on my own, but I may well take you up on that help offer at a later date :mrgreen:

Once again, THANK YOU!
Sickivionkey

Re: Universal Joystick Remapper (UJR) - v6.9 8th Oct 2015

15 Oct 2015, 01:29

Is it possible to run multiple copies of ujr at once (so that I can control two vjoy virtual joysticks simultaneously?).

The update notes seem to indicate you can, but when I try - every change in one copy of ujr affects the other. They both end up fighting over the same vjoy stick and I get errors about the program being busy.

Is there anything I'm doing wrong?

(Some specifics:
Windows 7 x64
Running program as Administrator)

Return to “Gaming”