GTA 5 - Mouse control & Movement help

Post gaming related scripts
TheXennon

GTA 5 - Mouse control & Movement help

27 Jan 2019, 03:35

Hi,
I've been trying to write a script in AHK to move the mouse around in GTA V but can't get it to work properly.

Essentially, I want to automate the process of checking the stockmarket to see my portfolio's current status by simply clicking on the required hotspots on screen (a pseudo website page) but I can't get the mouse to go where It's supposed to. I've looked at and tried several scripts/functions which use the DllCall("mouse_even"... command but they don't behave properly in GTA.

Also, the window-spy utility has trouble reporting exactly where the mouse cursor is - it only ever reports that it's in the middle of the screen even though the cursor is nowhere near the middle of the screen. I calculated the proper co-ords from a screen capture and noting the x/y pixel locations I want to click on.

The problem is the free moving GTA mouse cursor is not moving to where I tell it to presumably because it's not the "real" cursor in which case I have no idea how to get it to go to the correct location.

Can someone familiar with how GTA does its thing, maybe explain what I need to do to accurately place the GTA cursor at the X/Y I choose?

Any help appreciated.
Thanks.

PS:
Any suggestions on how to control the mouse while in the normal game mode would be appreciated as well, since normal ahk mouse commands make the screen go totally ape-shit regardless of nor little or how much I tell the cursor to move.

Return to “Gaming Scripts (v1)”