Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
gregster

Re: Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

06 Sep 2020, 21:22

TheLandYacht wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 21:19
Hello all, thank you for having me.

First time user, of course. I'll be using it mostly as a keyboard/mouse macro generator.

Quick question: First couple of posts (also a reply) I got "...will need to be approved by a moderator". Is that cuz I'm new? Or an all-the-time thing?
Welcome to the AHK forums!

Yes, that's because you are new.
Unfortunately, we were forced to introduce certain posting restrictions for new users, which will be lifted gradually with further participation.
TheLandYacht

06 Sep 2020, 21:28

@gregster
Got it.

Has there been any thought/interest in including a "like" button (or something similar, maybe even a "dis-like" button too) to indicate the post/reply has been viewed and/or agreed with, without creating a whole new reply? (such as this one)

It would also be helpful, I would guess, to know when your thought/idea/suggestion has interest/merit by tracking how many thumbs that post generates one way or the other. Kind of like the thumbs-up/thumbs-down system that YouTube uses.
gregster

06 Sep 2020, 21:39

TheLandYacht wrote:
Has there been any thought/interest in including a "like" button (or something similar, maybe even a "dis-like" button too) to indicate the post/reply has been viewed and/or agreed with, without creating a whole new reply? (such as this one)
In 'Ask For Help' topics, the topic creator can mark a topic 'solved' by choosing/marking one of the answers (via a 'check mark' button). Other users are always welcome, but not required, to thank or give personal feedback via a post.
TheLandYacht wrote:
It would also be helpful, I would guess, to know when your thought/idea/suggestion has interest/merit by tracking how many thumbs that post generates one way or the other. Kind of like the thumbs-up/thumbs-down system that YouTube uses.
That has been discussed before, so far resulting in no plans to introduce it. I personally have always argued against it, because I find these mechanisms of up-/downvoting awful and often misleading; in my experience, it creates wrong incentives for certain users, among other problems.
mjbatty

05 Nov 2020, 09:12

Hi all :wave:

I just discovered AHK and wish I found it in my dev days 20 years ago!

Just creating my first scripts, very impressive - I'm sure I'll be posting questions soon :wink:

Take care all,

Mark
Greast

06 Nov 2020, 17:18

@mjbatty

Welcome to the AHK Community!
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”
― George Bernard Shaw
mjbatty

09 Nov 2020, 11:21

Sorry @Greast just saw this, I've been using the IRC channel, thank you.
blackjoker

02 Dec 2020, 14:35

Hey, everybody,

i found autohotkey together with pulover code, and i'm greatly impressed about how everything can be automated with Autohotkey and pulover app.
I'm new to autohotkey, but 15 years ago was doing not much with automouse apps (that was dull clickers) so just ended with that as "unperspective".
And now i'm obsessed with autohotkey, pulovers app and possible uses threw web.

Today i have finished code to automatically download .pdf files from more than 400 same web different assigned clients -> download, rename, upload works! ( happy).
Still have a lot questions, but firstly i'll stay around to read clever posts and then maybe give questions, for now ofcourse not sure about my abilities to give help :}

I wish you all easy code!
Bongskie_26

22 Jan 2021, 06:30

Hi Guys!

Alas! Got in. Thank you so much AutoHotKey and the people behind it. I just to want to express my gratitude to you all.
Just got to this site via PMC (thanks too sir) that I installed on my machine three days ago. I was amazed by PMC and AHK power! I wish I could have known AHK earlier. Anyways, the important thing is I am here now.
Stay safe always guys and God bless your scripting!
Taylorjulie

31 Mar 2021, 22:18

Thanks to all above mentioned people.
can't forget : Leef_me, VxE, sinkfaze, engunneer, girlgamer, Serendipity, and many more. :bravo: :bravo: :bravo:
Hope you can help me more. :dance:
Lissie

25 Apr 2021, 08:35

Oh, thanks to the community and everyone who contributes to its development. I have been reading this forum for a month and ..... I was able to greatly simplify my routine work !!
nmotion

26 Aug 2021, 09:27

Hey yall

I've been using AHK for a couple years now, starting with just a few very simple hotkeys to save me time at work, until now, where I've built a handful of 'programs' that save me a LOT of time at work.

I'm totally self taught with no programming background, so much of what I do is quite... let's just say... IT WORKS... but it looks like a caveman smashed it into submission with a stick.

I've spent dozens of hours on this forum in read-only mode, but today that changes! I finished about 75% of CS50 recently, and I'm taking what I've learned & rethinking/refactoring all my functions.

I stand in awe of the collective knowledge of this community. Thank you.
sumon

11 Oct 2021, 09:03

I'll just say "hi", I discovered AutoHotkey what, some 10 years ago? Was using it a lot in previous jobs, now it's only dug up occasionally to do some thing or the other. But it's still a great piece of software, and I just appreciate now that the community is still thriving and "alive" (without all drama we had five years ago or so).

Will not mention names, except I guess especially tank and Lexikos, just good job overall and glad to see what's going on.
joedf

11 Oct 2021, 09:53

Glad to see you're still around @sumon ! :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Canelo7

12 Oct 2021, 15:41

awesome forum, looking forward to learning how to use autohotkey!
BartNijs

Thank you for creating this!

17 Jan 2022, 06:33

I have known about Autohotkey for a long time, but never really looked a what it actually can do. All I knew was that it can create hotkeys.
But I recently looked closer and I fell crazy in love with it. It's amazing what this thing can do! I started with v2 but unfortunately there are some limitations and not all libraries (especially Gdip) work with V2. So now I'm learning the V1 syntax which makes a lot less sense. :-)
The first thing I created were some macros for Zoom calls, and then I created a program that can count the number of visible participants in a Zoom call by analyzing the pixels of the grid. Who would have thought something like this would be possible with an application called Autohotkey. You make creating simple applications in Windows a breeze!
boiler

Re: Thank you for creating this!

17 Jan 2022, 08:10

BartNijs wrote: I started with v2 but unfortunately there are some limitations
What limitations?

BartNijs wrote: …and not all libraries (especially Gdip) work with V2.
There are fewer published libraries, but more continue to be written/translated. There is a Gdip library for v2 as iseahound mentioned in reply to your post asking about this in the main Gdip thread.
gr_cheese

11 Apr 2022, 13:11

I'm writing this to establish that if you recognize my profile picture from the previous iteration of these forums, I am the same person. Just older and making an effort to be better.

Thank you all for being such a wonderful community.
MBidder

14 Apr 2022, 13:29

Hi,

Very happy to be here ! Enthusiastic to continue to learn a complete Noob!

A Big thanks for all the hard work from Moderators and Commentators,

John-Michael

Return to “About This Community”