Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
RijulAhuja

Re: The First Step

30 Sep 2013, 07:33

Impressive work, tank.
PointCloud

30 Sep 2013, 08:28

Thank you for this Tank. I am most likely the biggest noob here so far but I honestly can say I am impressed by the community. I was beginning to wonder if I should invest the time into the language. My hope is restored now and I can't thank all the people involved enough.
tank

30 Sep 2013, 08:36

Welcome
the community is strong and we have learned a hard lesson. We are working on a plan to never have to do this again
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Grendahl

30 Sep 2013, 08:38

tank wrote:Welcome
the community is strong and we have learned a hard lesson. We are working on a plan to never have to do this again
:D
Eedis

30 Sep 2013, 11:13

I actually like the more simplistic look of this forum.

Thanks
Science is not about answering questions; it's about finding new questions to ask.
LarryC

30 Sep 2013, 12:20

Also my congratulations tank, and so fast. wow
Many are and will be indebted to you.
JnLlnd

30 Sep 2013, 15:47

Great move. What a breakthrough! I understand the reasons why you made this move quickly and I appreciate this.

Being an IP.Board admin, I would have prefer to stay with this software (if it could be well managed). But I'm sure phpBB will be a good platform for our community.

About Tank's idea to look for a better domain name, I would vote for a domain that would be more distinctive (and that would not include a dash!). There is already enough confusion between autohotkey.com and autohotkey.net. Someone suggested a domain based on the AHK short name. Why not AHK.cc ? (it is a Coco Island domain but it looks like Creative Commons!)

Anyway, I'm in! Thanks.

PS: I reposted one of my lib in the Script section. I just could not wait to see php BB at work. If you plan to migrate content from the old forum, I will delete my duplicate post.
:thumbup: Author of freeware Quick Access Popup, the powerful Windows folders, apps and documents launcher!
:P Now working on Quick Clipboard Editor
:ugeek: The Automator's Courses on AutoHotkey
gwarble

30 Sep 2013, 19:50

I wouldn't let any progress hinge on a formal/legal "foundation" personnally... While it could be beneficial, its not a necessary step. What's important is that the person(s) in charge has the best interests of ahk and its users/community at the forefront of all decisions, and hopefully keeps an open line of communication with that community ideally.

Chris did it, and i have no doubt that any of the names being thrown around could as well... Also while changes/upgrades/new features can be added, they are also not essential to moving forward, not as much as just having someone who will log on to the site he administers and openly communicate, or at least keep functional and pass the torch if/when necessary

Thanks again for creating this site, however permanent or short term it may be

- gwarble
EitherMouse - Multiple mice, individual settings . . . . www.EitherMouse.com . . . . forum . . . .
maphew

01 Oct 2013, 01:29

I would advise against setting a target on US non-profit status 501(c) right away. The IRS has an express policy of not granting the status for Open Source software projects except under limited circumstances/structures. See http://www.wired.com/wiredenterprise/20 ... pen-sourc/. It's not that it's impossible, just difficult. The Open Source Geospatial Foundation just, successfully, underwent a long and involved process to get there, which you can read about here and here if you're so inclined.

FWIW, Osgeo has functioned as a non-profit, just without government recognition, for a great many years. So you don't need that to establish an organization with community ideals and principals.
Avi

01 Oct 2013, 22:46

Thank you for the new forum, tank :D
What do you think about the posts that lie in the old forum ? Will they be copied into this site ?
Writes at Dev Letters

Clipjump Clipboard Manager : More Scripts (updated 2019)

joedf

01 Oct 2013, 22:53

Avi wrote:Thank you for the new forum, tank :D
What do you think about the posts that lie in the old forum ? Will they be copied into this site ?
Zaelia has made a "copy", tank is working on it... but it will be text-plain.. i think..
Unless we get to negotiate with Poly... :x
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
BamBam4275

02 Oct 2013, 01:14

Tank I love what you are doing let me know what help you need from me! This whole drama saga can end once and for all :-)
Avi

02 Oct 2013, 03:57

joedf wrote:
Avi wrote:Thank you for the new forum, tank :D
Zaelia has made a "copy", tank is working on it... but it will be text-plain.. i think..
Unless we get to negotiate with Poly... :x
Thanks for the reply..
I hope things get better and softer in the future.
Writes at Dev Letters

Clipjump Clipboard Manager : More Scripts (updated 2019)

tank

02 Oct 2013, 08:52

Actually, Alibaba is doing the current step on the work Zaelia started. Once i see those efforts complete ill plan the next step
Check Out WebWriter
Alibaba

02 Oct 2013, 19:05

yes. I'm currently parsing the content.
approx. 50% so far.
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine
joedf

02 Oct 2013, 20:13

Alibaba wrote:yes. I'm currently parsing the content.
approx. 50% so far.
Yay! :)
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Alibaba

03 Oct 2013, 04:55

finished. i'm currently submitting the content to tank.
96526 threads parsed.

If someone is interested in the log (unsorted):
http://ahkalibaba.no-ip.org/log.txt
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine
joedf

03 Oct 2013, 11:38

Wow. That's a lot of threads.
tank

03 Oct 2013, 16:59

OK i have given the upload a look
Please be patient guys but it does appear that with a little PHP magic we can not only make this searchable. By author title and full text.
It is going to take me some time tho. If it is complete as it looks i may be able to write a script to make the links within the posts to work.
Check Out WebWriter

Return to “About This Community”