PHPBB thats the current forum software found here
74%
other? please explain and justify
6%

Total votes: 191
empardopo

Re: autohotkey.com

Post by empardopo » 12 Mar 2015, 02:32

Tank, I'm spanish. I tell you if you need some help for Spanish subforum.
Greetings.
Everything is possible!
vasili111

Post by vasili111 » 12 Mar 2015, 03:33

I have 17" monitor with resolution: 1360x768.
Autohotkey.com page currently looks like this:

Pay attention how bad bottom text is cuted. Current autohotkey.com page is not well suited for low resolutions.

Now ahkscript.org:

It looks much better for low resolution monitors. Documentation, download and forum buttons, search bar and AutoHotkey general information (what is AutoHotkey) is perfectly visible.

Also current autohotkey.com main page has more emphasize on advertisement of AutoHotkey rather than contain useful information. In contrast, ahkscript.org main page explains in general "what is AutoHotkey" and gives useful information and links for newcomers to show in what direction to move next. I think it is very important.
DRAKON-AutoHotkey: Visual programming for AutoHotkey.
vasili111

Post by vasili111 » 12 Mar 2015, 03:40

joedf wrote:Additionally, notifications are native to 3.1 :)
In that case, are we losing all current subscriptions to the threads or not (because notifications systems are different)?
Coco

Post by Coco » 12 Mar 2015, 07:42

Regarding the sample code in the homepage, it would be nice if it's similar to that of Python's homepage. That is, multiple sample codes(navigated via button, tab or similar) highlighting the unique/key features of AutoHotkey. It shows the viewer what one can do with AutoHotkey. Some key features would be hotkeys, hotstrings, GUI, COM, objects/arrays, etc. It'll also help distinguish the difference between AutoHotkey and AutoIt (and others), for potential users who are still in the decision-making process.
geek

Post by geek » 12 Mar 2015, 08:02

fincs wrote:My opinion is the following:
  • The current landing page of ahkscript.org should be transferred to autohotkey.com.
  • The old forum (at autohotkey.com) should be locked and kept solely as an archive at archive.autohotkey.com
  • This forum (at ahkscript.org) should be transferred and accessible at forum.autohotkey.com.
  • The documentation (at ahkscript.org) should be transferred and accessible at docs.autohotkey.com.
  • The download section (at ahkscript.org) should be transferred and accessible at dl.autohotkey.com.
  • ahkscript.org should be repurposed as an informational website about the AutoHotkey Foundation.
  • A redirect system should be set in place so that:
    • autohotkey.com/forum, autohotkey.com/community and autohotkey.com/board point to archive.autohotkey.com (after appropriate translation of URLs, which poly seems to have successfully set up).
    • ahkscript.org/boards point to forum.autohotkey.com.
    • ahkscript.org/docs and autohotkey.com/docs point to docs.autohotkey.com.
    • ahkscript.org/download and autohotkey.com/download point to dl.autohotkey.com.
  • The AutoHotkey GitHub organization should be deleted along with the AutoHotkey/AutoHotkey repository, and the ahkscript GitHub organization should be renamed to AutoHotkey (if that's possible).
  • Daily or weekly backups of all the data at the new autohotkey.com should be taken in case any admin decides to kick out all the other admins; so that it is possible to move back to ahkscript.org with little to no data loss.
That seems reasonable, until you start to get to the GitHub part. The original AutoHotkey GitHub organization and repository should not, in my opinion, deleted. At least, not the original AutoHotkey repo. That should be renamed to something along the lines of AutoHotkey_1.0 or AutoHotkey_Basic and transferred to whatever organization we settle on, or maybe just to lexikos' account. The main branch of AHK should be renamed to just AutoHotkey. I'm not sure you can rename organizations, but I'm fairly sure you can transfer repositories between them, so it might be possible to just move everything to the original organization.
guest3456

Post by guest3456 » 12 Mar 2015, 08:42

Coco wrote:Regarding the sample code in the homepage, it would be nice if it's similar to that of Python's homepage. That is, multiple sample codes(navigated via button, tab or similar) highlighting the unique/key features of AutoHotkey. It shows the viewer what one can do with AutoHotkey. Some key features would be hotkeys, hotstrings, GUI, COM, objects/arrays, etc. It'll also help distinguish the difference between AutoHotkey and AutoIt (and others), for potential users who are still in the decision-making process.
+1

joedf

Post by joedf » 12 Mar 2015, 10:04

I think it will be simpler to merge the repos and simply make branches v1.0, v1.1, v2.0

@coco I'll check that out
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
geek

Post by geek » 12 Mar 2015, 10:05

Can you merge two repos into a branched repo?
guest3456

Post by guest3456 » 12 Mar 2015, 13:09

joedf wrote:I think it will be simpler to merge the repos and simply make branches v1.0, v1.1, v2.0
simpler? how can that be? no work needs to be done other than bring Lex's current repo in. his repo already has branches for 1.1 and v2. can just keep the other as a legacy branch

that link doesn't look too simple

joedf

Post by joedf » 12 Mar 2015, 16:39

Ok, so two repos then :P
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
lblb

Post by lblb » 13 Mar 2015, 19:15

Just wanted to express my gratitude to tank, joedf, lexikos, fincs and everyone else who's been involved these last few months in keeping AHK alive and thriving, both in assuring a respectable web presence and as an evolving language (witness the recent tremendous additions by lexikos in recent releases). It sounds like it was a real b.... to get to the current situation, but there finally seems to be some hope for a more harmonious and sustainable way forward. Your efforts, enthusiasm and persistence are much appreciated. Cheers!
just me

Post by just me » 14 Mar 2015, 01:50

lblb wrote:Just wanted to express my gratitude to tank, joedf, lexikos, fincs and everyone else who's been involved these last few months in keeping AHK alive and thriving, both in assuring a respectable web presence and as an evolving language (witness the recent tremendous additions by lexikos in recent releases). It sounds like it was a real b.... to get to the current situation, but there finally seems to be some hope for a more harmonious and sustainable way forward. Your efforts, enthusiasm and persistence are much appreciated. Cheers!
Me too!
vasili111

Post by vasili111 » 14 Mar 2015, 02:00

just me wrote:
lblb wrote:Just wanted to express my gratitude to tank, joedf, lexikos, fincs and everyone else who's been involved these last few months in keeping AHK alive and thriving, both in assuring a respectable web presence and as an evolving language (witness the recent tremendous additions by lexikos in recent releases). It sounds like it was a real b.... to get to the current situation, but there finally seems to be some hope for a more harmonious and sustainable way forward. Your efforts, enthusiasm and persistence are much appreciated. Cheers!
Me too!
+1
evilC

Post by evilC » 14 Mar 2015, 03:34

In general I agree with Fincs, but I do like the WYSIWYG elements of the Autohotkey.com forum.

If we could have phpbb with a half decent editor added, that would get my vote.

I also concur with the Autohotkey.com front page minus the image.
lexikos

Post by lexikos » 14 Mar 2015, 03:55

I like the concept of WYSIWYG, but the editor on that version of IPB is painful to use, in particular when quotes and code blocks are involved. That, as part of the overall poor usability of that forum, is the biggest reason for my reduced activity there since this forum started.

I removed the image from the CSS via FTP a while ago, but I have no idea how to trigger an update on the CDN.
Blackholyman

Post by Blackholyman » 14 Mar 2015, 05:10

lexikos wrote:I removed the image from the CSS via FTP a while ago, but I have no idea how to trigger an update on the CDN.
I remember seeing a CloudFlare massage at one point...

On the sites where I use CloudeFlare I need to turn CloudFlare's Development Mode on to bypass the cache so these changes appear immediately, if you don't have access or something else is up, this link may still help https://support.cloudflare.com/hc/en-us ... -my-cache-

You can also clear the cache through an API call. http://www.cloudflare.com/docs/client-api.html

I recommend using the single file purge option, so there is less performance impact.
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
lexikos

Post by lexikos » 14 Mar 2015, 05:30

The file in question is http://autohotkey-dequeue.netdna-ssl.co ... anding.css - doesn't look like CloudFare to me.
Blackholyman

Post by Blackholyman » 14 Mar 2015, 06:18

You are right, after looking at it it seems to be made with Bootstrap using Maxcdn aka the 'netdna' in the resource url's

I have not used Maxcdn but it seems that focing the stylesheet to update is very simple ( there words ) - there docs indicate that Maxcdn update/refresh the cache every 24 hours.

but I'm not sure if 'a while ago' is that long, it seems like you can force the cache purge/reload of a specific file if you have access to the control panel.
Login to your MaxCDN account, click on "Manage" next to your zone, and click on the "Cache" tab. You can either purge the entire zone cache or choose to purge a certain file's cache by putting the file path "/content/css/example.css" in the text box and hit "Purge".
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
lexikos

Post by lexikos » 14 Mar 2015, 16:59

there docs indicate that Maxcdn update/refresh the cache every 24 hours.
It has been over 48 hours.
if you have access to the control panel.
I don't. "Your MaxCDN account" is likely polyethene's MaxCDN account.

Return to “About This Community”