Not sure / hesitant. discuss / comment below
10%

Total votes: 20
joedf

Re: New subforum for Keysharp

06 Feb 2024, 18:02

SOTE wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 13:39
To have Keysharp related posts in the C# subforum looks problematic. 1) It is tucking away Keysharp and making it hard to find. 2) People who are specifically into C# (proper) may not want to see it there. 3) Seems to create confusion.

Possibly a good solution or compromise is to put Keysharp as a subforum of "Other Programming Languages". So there would be "C/C++", "C#", "ASM", and "KeySharp". This way if anybody creates posts related to Keysharp, they're all under the same subforum and easy to find, including that it doesn't create confusion in regards to the other languages.
Seems sound to me! :+1:
What do you think @mfeemster ?
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
mfeemster

07 Feb 2024, 10:58

joedf wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 18:02
SOTE wrote:
06 Feb 2024, 13:39
To have Keysharp related posts in the C# subforum looks problematic. 1) It is tucking away Keysharp and making it hard to find. 2) People who are specifically into C# (proper) may not want to see it there. 3) Seems to create confusion.

Possibly a good solution or compromise is to put Keysharp as a subforum of "Other Programming Languages". So there would be "C/C++", "C#", "ASM", and "KeySharp". This way if anybody creates posts related to Keysharp, they're all under the same subforum and easy to find, including that it doesn't create confusion in regards to the other languages.
Seems sound to me! :+1:
What do you think @mfeemster ?
This sounds fine to me. I appreciate the support.

Surprising to see a commercial product also has this name. Uh oh! Hopefully they don't find us. I looked around when I was naming the project in 2020 and all I could find was a few open source projects that were unrelated to this subject. I'm keeping the name regardless.
RussF

07 Feb 2024, 11:16

mfeemster wrote:I'm keeping the name regardless.
From Keytech:
Key Tech has developed a PC-based software tool, called Key#™ (pronounced KEY SHARP).
I'm no attorney, nor am I offering legal advice, however, they have trademarked their product. I don't know if you are technically infringing on the trademark as long as you are not trying to profit from your code, but you may want to check into it.

Russ
joedf

07 Feb 2024, 16:05

Okay, I have a made subforum for KeySharp under Other Programming Languages and moved the sticky there as well. Let me know if there's anything else :+1:
viewforum.php?f=97
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
SOTE

08 Feb 2024, 21:09

Nice! This way any posts are in the same subforum.

Return to “About This Community”