First of all it is a good idea to give a fresh look to a documentation. Here are some of my impressions and ideas.
1. I think that the main thing that can be improved in new documentation is that for parameters better to use table instead of a vertical line like now. Using table is more ergonomic way, easy to understand and read. It can be different kind of table, not necessary to have the table that was in old documentation.
2. The titles should also have some background:
Bettere to have something like:
3. Code samples now have only background like here:
I think it is better also to make a border, like in tidbit documentation (I had to cut image, the example below should have green border also in right side):
4. Inline code also need to be more prominent:
Better to have something like in tidbit documentation:
5. For separate actual text from buttons, tidbit also uses a image like buttons:
I think that it is good way to indicate buttons. But I think they should be more prominent that in tidbit tutorial.
6. I think that borders that separate one section of text from another should be more prominent and darker maybe also thicker. It should better visually separate one section of text from another. I mean that borders:
7. I think that links also should be slightly darker for easy visual separation from actual text.