Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

Discussion about the AutoHotkey Foundation and this website
gregster

Re: Guestbook: say hi, thank you, whatever!

06 Sep 2020, 21:22

TheLandYacht wrote:
06 Sep 2020, 21:19
Hello all, thank you for having me.

First time user, of course. I'll be using it mostly as a keyboard/mouse macro generator.

Quick question: First couple of posts (also a reply) I got "...will need to be approved by a moderator". Is that cuz I'm new? Or an all-the-time thing?
Welcome to the AHK forums!

Yes, that's because you are new.
Unfortunately, we were forced to introduce certain posting restrictions for new users, which will be lifted gradually with further participation.
TheLandYacht

06 Sep 2020, 21:28

@gregster
Got it.

Has there been any thought/interest in including a "like" button (or something similar, maybe even a "dis-like" button too) to indicate the post/reply has been viewed and/or agreed with, without creating a whole new reply? (such as this one)

It would also be helpful, I would guess, to know when your thought/idea/suggestion has interest/merit by tracking how many thumbs that post generates one way or the other. Kind of like the thumbs-up/thumbs-down system that YouTube uses.
gregster

06 Sep 2020, 21:39

TheLandYacht wrote:
Has there been any thought/interest in including a "like" button (or something similar, maybe even a "dis-like" button too) to indicate the post/reply has been viewed and/or agreed with, without creating a whole new reply? (such as this one)
In 'Ask For Help' topics, the topic creator can mark a topic 'solved' by choosing/marking one of the answers (via a 'check mark' button). Other users are always welcome, but not required, to thank or give personal feedback via a post.
TheLandYacht wrote:
It would also be helpful, I would guess, to know when your thought/idea/suggestion has interest/merit by tracking how many thumbs that post generates one way or the other. Kind of like the thumbs-up/thumbs-down system that YouTube uses.
That has been discussed before, so far resulting in no plans to introduce it. I personally have always argued against it, because I find these mechanisms of up-/downvoting awful and often misleading; in my experience, it creates wrong incentives for certain users, among other problems.
mjbatty

05 Nov 2020, 09:12

Hi all :wave:

I just discovered AHK and wish I found it in my dev days 20 years ago!

Just creating my first scripts, very impressive - I'm sure I'll be posting questions soon :wink:

Take care all,

Mark
Greast

06 Nov 2020, 17:18

@mjbatty

Welcome to the AHK Community!
“You see things; you say, 'Why?' But I dream things that never were; and I say 'Why not?”
― George Bernard Shaw
mjbatty

09 Nov 2020, 11:21

Sorry @Greast just saw this, I've been using the IRC channel, thank you.
blackjoker

02 Dec 2020, 14:35

Hey, everybody,

i found autohotkey together with pulover code, and i'm greatly impressed about how everything can be automated with Autohotkey and pulover app.
I'm new to autohotkey, but 15 years ago was doing not much with automouse apps (that was dull clickers) so just ended with that as "unperspective".
And now i'm obsessed with autohotkey, pulovers app and possible uses threw web.

Today i have finished code to automatically download .pdf files from more than 400 same web different assigned clients -> download, rename, upload works! ( happy).
Still have a lot questions, but firstly i'll stay around to read clever posts and then maybe give questions, for now ofcourse not sure about my abilities to give help :}

I wish you all easy code!

Return to “About This Community”