Some of you may have noticed the new notifications area in the status bar:
Joedf and I have been working on this for quite some time and the outcome is really amazing.
It's purpose is basically to inform you about new activity in topics that you created, posted or subscribed. It automatically updates itself in the background, so you don't have to manually reload your topics pages all the time.
So how do I use it?
Every topic has a dedicated subscribe button. Click it to subscribe:
To unsubscribe just click it again:
Or, when you get a notification on a thread you don't care about, click one of the buttons.
How to get automatically subscribed to my own topics and topics I reply to?
1. First of all click on the "new notifications" link on the top of the page.
2. Click on "Posting settings" on popup overlay.
3. Set "Notify me upon replies by default" to "Yes".
How do I disable the email notifications?
1. Click on the "new notifications" link on the top of the page.
2. Uncheck the "Emails" checkbox.
How to manage the list of current subscriptions?
1. Click on the "new notifications" link on the top of the page:
2. Click on "Manage subscriptions" on overlay menu:
3. Check the checkboxes that you wish to Unsubscribe:
4. Press "Unwatch marked":
If you have any questions, feedback or suggestions, feel free to leave them here.