23 Aug 2017, 22:53

joedf wrote:WOw.... this is over :b
I just voted for other. Just because I can :mrgreen:
joedf

Re: autohotkey.com

23 Aug 2017, 23:24

Lol nice.... :+1:
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
tank

24 Aug 2017, 07:57

we had a wiki but it got spammed real bad so I took it down. we just don't have the admins time to keep it clean. I may revisit it in the future with some of the tools i now have at hand for fighting spam on the forum. but at the moment a wiki is out of our ability to moderate effectively
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
lmstearn

17 Dec 2022, 00:33

After a little travel back in time to the beginning, came across this discussion and the claim in the article that AutoIt2 was closed source, so, presumably, only the AutoIt devs (Jon and some others?) had access to the source.
Thus it must be the changelogs of early AHK nods to Jon from AutoIt only in the way the functions were wrapped etc. in the finished product, so, unless there was some kind of correspondence with the devs, highly unlikely for any snagging of AutoIt C++ snippets.

In the farewell post of Chris, no mention of what his plans were next, it looks as if it was retirement, or off-grid entirely. Does anyone know more?
Chris did say he was not keen on objects or array development, these days it's difficult to imagine doing much at all without them!
:arrow: itros "ylbbub eht tuO kaerB" a ni kcuts m'I pleH
gregster

17 Dec 2022, 03:42

lmstearn wrote:
17 Dec 2022, 00:33
In the farewell post of Chris, no mention of what his plans were next, it looks as if it was retirement, or off-grid entirely. Does anyone know more?
That post is from 2010 - but afaik tank contacted him before the creation of the AutoHotkey foundation, in 2014, to seek his approval. Chris hasn't really been "active" on this forum since then, but is still the 'Site Admin' per the Team list. I guess for historic reasons (Polyethene etc.) there was an understandable wish to grant him "emergency" administrative privileges, even if he isn't involved anymore in the regular business, so that he could intervene if he wanted.
Perhaps tank had more contact after that time.

Return to “About This Community”