How to create FTP server for URLDownloadToFile?

Discuss other useful utilities, general computing tips & tricks, Internet resources, etc.
ozzynotwood

How to create FTP server for URLDownloadToFile?

29 Apr 2023, 22:43

Hello!

I would like to create a script that uses URLDownloadToFile to download updates for scripts that are loaded to PC's at multiple locations (Home, Laptop, Work). The idea is to have a separate update script on each PC that overwrites the main script. The good news is I can already do this however....

I currently upload the updates to a web hosting site which is awkward to use. I now want to run an FTP server from my PC & have my scripts download the updates directly from a folder.

What FTP software can I use that will let me run an FTP server & also be compatible with AHK's URLDownloadToFile syntax?
ahk7

Re: How to create FTP server for URLDownloadToFile?

02 May 2023, 15:38

Why not run the script(s) or files you need from a cloud location e.g. onedrive, google drive, dropbox, etc. You can also share links so these could be used to download files e.g. you have dropbox at home, but not at work, you can use the dropbox link (right click, copy link to clipboard) and download it from work.

Your modem/router also might have an option to share files.

Setting up FTP can be more trouble than it is worth (security wise, firewalls etc).
ozzynotwood

Re: How to create FTP server for URLDownloadToFile?

05 May 2023, 22:06

Resolved by using GitHub

Return to “Other Utilities & Resources”