Upcoming Ahk2Exe changes

Community news and information about new or upcoming versions of AutoHotkey
TAC109

Re: Upcoming Ahk2Exe changes

22 Jun 2020, 05:06

At this stage I plan to just fix the error in that line of code so that it works with v2, and also use Util_TempFile() to get the work file, rather than more extensive changes, if that’s ok @lexikos.

Edit: I don’t think AHKType() would work here.
Edit2: as AHKType() doesn’t return the equivalent of IsUnicode.

@TheArkive - I should have a Beta ready for you soon. (I’ll post it in the other thread in 'Scripts and Functions'.)
Cheers
My scripts:-
XRef - Produces Cross Reference lists for scripts
ReClip - A Text Reformatting and Clip Management utility
TheArkive
GitHub: TheArkive

22 Jun 2020, 05:24

TAC109 wrote:
At this stage I plan to just fix the error in that line of code so that it works with v2, and also use Util_TempFile() to get the work file, rather than more extensive changes, if that’s ok @lexikos.

@TheArkive - I should have a Beta ready for you soon. (I’ll post it in the other thread in 'Scripts and Functions'.)
Cheers
That works! As far as I can tell Ahk2Exe still works just fine, as long as the user matches the appropriate bin with the appropriate version of a script. I'm personally not in a hurry. Just trying to help.
lexikos
GitHub: Lexikos

23 Jun 2020, 06:26

TAC109 wrote:
It would and it does, but the result is based on the file version string, which is blank for AutoHotkeySC.bin. Since we're talking about checking the version of AutoHotkey.exe, that's not a problem.

A more reliable means of detecting whether an AutoHotkey binary file is Unicode is to scan it for a specific string.

Return to “Announcements”