New Home page up

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
joedf

Re: New Home page up

26 May 2014, 12:21

I have created a "sticky" topic here. Discussion may continue there.
I have made a few changes, moved the history down.... Im still unsure of the drama, etc.
It has stuff written by tank, fincs and me. I really appreciate the input, please continue.
Thanks
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
lexikos

27 May 2014, 21:36

The tenants of this product will not change
I don't think you meant that. This product is not a rental property. Perhaps you meant "tenets". What's "this product"? I think "the project" is more fitting, since it covers not just the AutoHotkey program, but the forum and website. However, I'm not really sure what you're trying to say.

(I don't have time to review more at the moment...)
joedf

27 May 2014, 21:49

Hmm, I wasn't sure about that too :P I got that from tank... :P

How about this?
Some users[??] of this project will not {????never????} change.
Anyway, thanks for taking the time, it is greatly appreciated.
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
lexikos

27 May 2014, 22:20

Is that relevant to "Our Mission"? If it's from something tank said, maybe he should explain what he meant. Like I said, "tenets" makes more sense in this context (and has a completely different meaning).
tank

27 May 2014, 22:38

tenets is in fact what i meant thanks for catching that.
lexikos wrote:Is that relevant to "Our Mission"? I
perhaps it is or isnt ill let more literary minds boggle that.
but i thought it was relavant to the statement of who we are as a free software and forum. but i am perfectly open to removing it
lexikos wrote:What's "this product"? I think "the project" is more fitting,
agree :)
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

27 May 2014, 22:44

ok Updated, web and pdf format. done
updated to wrote:The tenets of this project will not change.
So what do i do with this?
Our Mission
Ill wait for more input. :)
lexikos

03 Jun 2014, 21:11

tank wrote:tenets is in fact what i meant
That being the case, joedf's wording suggestion and my question about its relevance can both be forgotten. Your original point was relevant, though worded incorrectly.
xZomBie

14 Nov 2015, 02:44

https://autohotkey.com/ still shows the old main page. Change it to what is shown on the http://ahkscript.org/?
tank

14 Nov 2015, 09:58

While i do agree the autohotkey.com home page needs changing and updating.
does it warrant the amount of content of ahkscript.org which served the dual purpose of explaining who we are? I personally would love to see a simple Home page with some sort of stylish buttons for
search
forum
download
about - this could potentially be a page similar to ahkscript.org
Some logos of endorcements that would link to statements made about us on other sites
and a copyright and license footer.

I wont have time to do it this year but maybe we let the community come up with something and we pick the best 2 or 3 and take a vote on the winner?
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
Guestt

14 Nov 2015, 16:55

Why not just remove the "Why ahkscript.org?" paragraph, update a few of the links and remove some of the resource links (the now duplicate ahkscript.org/autohotkey.com links to fora sections).

Thee endorsements are very old and pretty much useless as they all say the same: you can automate stuff, its useful and saves you time. All of that is present already. Just replace it with a link to why AHK is Awesome - :?:
lexikos

14 Nov 2015, 19:57

@Guestt: That sounds like what I've suggested to joedf:
I wrote:I would say the "Why ahkscript.org" section can go away, and some of the links need updating.
Thanks for the other suggestions.

The ahkscript.org homepage isn't to my taste, but it's not something I personally want to spend time on. Most of the information on it is useful, but it's a bit too "noisy" (especially having two columns). The current autohotkey.com page, while less useful, I find much cleaner and easier to read. My idea would be a more "dynamic" page with the same information but with better structure and some of the information hidden by default.
joedf

15 Nov 2015, 02:22

Ok, removed. Foundation/history docs Updated.
+1 for new design
joedf

15 Nov 2015, 02:28

References to autohotkey.com/ahkscript.org removed. "Archive" Dead link removed.

Return to “Forum Issues”