Disabling "V2" forum posting warning

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
prz

Disabling "V2" forum posting warning

28 Nov 2023, 18:51

Apologies if this is already answered somewhere. I tried searching for parts of the message but it didn't seem to turn anything up.

Whenever I try to preview or post in the "Ask for Help (v2)" (and I imagine other v2 subforums) I am shown this prompt:
Hi guest or new user! It looks like you're posting in the V2 section. Is question for AutoHotkey version 2 (Released Jan. 2023)? If not please post in the V1 section. Thanks!
Is there a way to disable this? I looked through my profile settings and didn't see anything obvious to turn it off. How long is my account considered "new"?

Additionally: It seems that v2 is coming up on a year old now. Maybe this prompt can be retired entirely?
tank

Re: Disabling "V2" forum posting warning

28 Nov 2023, 19:10

Yes but there are a lot of ppl that still get confused
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

Re: Disabling "V2" forum posting warning

28 Nov 2023, 19:38

Adding on to what tank said, not sure how long it will be like this, but even it is like this for another year... I think it's fine.
Either way, I have removed your new user status so you should no longer see the warning. We mainly have the status to help prevent spam.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”