Will the forum support uploading images from clipboard?

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
valuex

Will the forum support uploading images from clipboard?

14 Jan 2024, 01:25

Right now there are two ways to share picture in the forum.
1. Insert image: you get to upload the image to some image host service before insert the image url link.
2. Insert image as attachment: first you've to save the snapshot to local disk and uploading as attachement and then using the [attachment] label.
Both are not very convinient those days.
Is it possible for the forum to support uploading images from clipboard, like github?
That would be more efficient for the users to discuss about the topics with some image showing.
Thanks for reading this suggestion.

[Mod edit: Moved topic from 'General Discussion'.]
joedf

Re: Will the forum support uploading images from clipboard?

14 Jan 2024, 02:27

If you go into the the full editor and preview mode, you can Ctrl + V paste an image and it will automatically add it as an attachment. You can also drag and drop an image into the full editor.
Then, all you have to do is click the "place" inline button. Github just automatically does the "place inline" step for you. This is allowed by the senky/clipboardimage plugin we installed long ago.
Otherwise, the quick reply mode is very limited.

That said, I doubt any of us will try to implement anything further unless there's a plugin? :? Perhaps with the next phpbb update this will be eventually done differently.
I hope the above helps at least somewhat.
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

Return to “Forum Issues”