Donate Link

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
jballi

Donate Link

14 Oct 2013, 06:16

First of all, the Paypal account attached to the "Donate" link is showing a "This recipient is currently unable to receive money" message. I'm sure this is temporary.

IMHO, the "Donate" link on the main page shouldn't go directly to PayPal link. Instead, it should go to a short page explaining what the money is for, who actually controls it, how much money is needed, etc., etc. Then at the bottom of the page there would be a link to actually donate. Without this "why we need money" page, many people, myself included, are unlikely or less likely to donate.

Them be my thoughts.
Blackholyman

Re: Donate Link

14 Oct 2013, 07:08

jballi wrote:First of all, the Paypal account attached to the "Donate" link is showing a "This recipient is currently unable to receive money" message. I'm sure this is temporary.
Blackholyman wrote:oh Snap

Seem i have just temporarily blocked my own and the donation account :(

sorry about that :P
+1 to the rest :)
Also check out:
Courses on AutoHotkey

My Autohotkey Blog
:dance:
tank

14 Oct 2013, 08:00

Good idea ill do it and check on the abbount status
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
tank

14 Oct 2013, 09:22

well it will take 2-3 days to confirm....... Some things are still not instant :)
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

15 Oct 2013, 18:46

I do believe, that this is a good idea. ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
Morpheus

19 Oct 2013, 17:46

Where is the donate link? I'm not into AHK as much these days, but I believe in what you are doing and would donate a few bucks. Call it Vanity, but I like it at XBMC that you are given the title 'Donor' and your user name is in red. I don't expect any special treatment as a donor, but I like it that people know that I like the product enough to donate in return for their hard work.
Alibaba

19 Oct 2013, 17:50

Morpheus wrote:Where is the donate link? I'm not into AHK as much these days, but I believe in what you are doing and would donate a few bucks. Call it Vanity, but I like it at XBMC that you are given the title 'Donor' and your user name is in red. I don't expect any special treatment as a donor, but I like it that people know that I like the product enough to donate in return for their hard work.
There is no direct link/button anymore, because enough funds were raised, but afaik you can get the link from tank.
"Nothing is quieter than a loaded gun." - Heinrich Heine
Zelio

20 Oct 2013, 13:58

+1 for a permanent donation link, else it is not a foundation... money can be used to buy tools or other comfort or prepare an independant V2 solution... currently we don't call anything, then only small donation will be progressivly done...
-1 for vanity, donnation have to stay anonymous, you can to say in public that you gave 500$, but you will haven't a new grade color and we will protect real life anonyma too (donnation use real name, not an autohotkey account)...
joedf

22 Oct 2013, 08:57

Forum wrote:Thank you for your support we have raised the necesary funds
Necessary has one 's' ?! ;)
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
just me

23 Oct 2013, 02:59

Zelio wrote:+1 for a permanent donation link, else it is not a foundation... money can be used to buy tools or other comfort or prepare an independant V2 solution... currently we don't call anything, then only small donation will be progressivly done...
-1 for vanity, donnation have to stay anonymous, you can to say in public that you gave 500$, but you will haven't a new grade color and we will protect real life anonyma too (donnation use real name, not an autohotkey account)...
+1

Return to “Forum Issues”