Not receiving account activation email Topic is solved

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
devd

Not receiving account activation email

19 Oct 2014, 08:43

Hi Board Administrators,

First of all, thank you very much for creating such a powerful language. I'm not a software engineer, but rather from the finance background. I knew some basics of programming and have learnt this language on my own using your documentation. And it has helped me a lot. Thanks a lot.

I've registered on your board but facing an issue activating my account. I'm not able to receive an activation email. I'm sure the email id I entered is correct and I also went to "Resend activation e-mail" link five times, but never got an email. Could you please help me to activate my account.

Also, I've registered on your board with username as Dev_D, but when I tried to submit this message, it gave me the below error, so I used devan_furia:

"The username you entered is already in use, please select an alternative."

Thanks & regards,
Devan
devd

Re: Not receiving account activation email

19 Oct 2014, 08:46

Sorry, used devd here, not devan_furia. but in the registration form, I used Dev_D.

My email id is <redacted>

Thanks
joedf

19 Oct 2014, 12:47

Hmmm weird, because i did try to create an account not so long ago as a test and I had no problem...
Anyway, I have activated your "Dev_D" account.

By the way, I suggest removing your email from your post if you don't want spam ;)

Welcome to ahkscript.org!
Regards
Image Image Image Image Image
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]
lexikos

19 Oct 2014, 18:54

joedf, guests cannot edit posts... I have removed the email address.
joedf

19 Oct 2014, 19:30

Right... My mistake. Thx :P
Windows 10 x64 Professional, Intel i5-8500, NVIDIA GTX 1060 6GB, 2x16GB Kingston FURY Beast - DDR4 3200 MHz | [About Me] | [About the AHK Foundation] | [Courses on AutoHotkey]
[ASPDM - StdLib Distribution] | [Qonsole - Quake-like console emulator] | [LibCon - Autohotkey Console Library]

21 Oct 2014, 09:07

Same here i've tried 2 account, but never got activation through 2 different mails, i checked my mail client and through webmail both never got any mail.

My Accountname would be Lebastard.
joedf

21 Oct 2014, 13:58

Hmm, I don't know why this happens...
I have activated your "Lebastard" account.
Lebastard

22 Oct 2014, 05:16

joedf wrote:Hmm, I don't know why this happens...
I have activated your "Lebastard" account.
Thanks joedf, for activating my account!
joedf

22 Oct 2014, 11:42

Now, I have to figure why this happens... I'm guessing this might be an issue with *hotmail.com specifically because we had a recent sign up/post with gmail with no registration issues...
Lebastard

22 Oct 2014, 19:17

joedf wrote:Now, I have to figure why this happens... I'm guessing this might be an issue with *hotmail.com specifically because we had a recent sign up/post with gmail with no registration issues...
I'm far from good about html/xml/any other coding stuff, but i bet you gonna figure it out why it happens and how. But thanks again for activating my account :)

29 Oct 2014, 00:58

joedf wrote:Now, I have to figure why this happens... I'm guessing this might be an issue with *hotmail.com specifically because we had a recent sign up/post with gmail with no registration issues...
I think you're guess is a good one. I'm having this same issue with two accounts I've tried to register, one being with a *hotmail.com and another being an alias to an *outlook.com address, and haven't received an activation email for either of the user names after trying a number of times sporadically for quite a few months.

The user name I'd like to use is Noesis, the other which was essentially just me trying with a different email address was Noesis Black, which can be deleted or if you prefer can be kept as unactivated and used for testing any changes/fixes you may make in the future.
joedf

29 Oct 2014, 02:29

Ok, i have activated "Noesis" and deleted "Noesis Black".
Looks like we have a problem with Microsoft domains... so *hotmail.com or *outlook.com
Im not sure about *live.com ... i havent tested that... My account uses *live.ca but that was quite a while ago...
I still havent figured out why... no luck yet..

For moment, all we can do is manually activate the accounts... so users must post their usernames here... :(
joedf

30 Oct 2014, 00:14

@Noesis No problem. And, Welcome to ahkscript.org! :)
tank

02 Nov 2014, 20:41

Part of the issue is that the constant bombardment of fake accounts overloads the email notification limit.
in November i intend to purchase an email upgrade to unlimited for this and a number of other reasons. As i already have some excess funds from the previous raising and I can afford the difference i wont need to ask for donations to cover it. Also part of the reason for doing it is personally driven
We are troubled on every side‚ yet not distressed; we are perplexed‚
but not in despair; Persecuted‚ but not forsaken; cast down‚ but not destroyed;
Telegram is the best way to reach me
https://t.me/ttnnkkrr
If you have forum suggestions please submit a
Check Out WebWriter
joedf

04 Nov 2014, 10:07

I have recently noticed that nofitications dont work for hotmail either... is this unique to hotmail? anyone with gmail, gmx or something to confirm this?
geek

04 Nov 2014, 10:12

Gmail here, I get notifications when people PM me. Or at least, I got one on Nov 1st, which was the last time someone PMd me

Return to “Forum Issues”