Private Messaging Topic is solved

Discuss issues and requests related with the forum software
jeffkolbie

Private Messaging

30 Jan 2019, 21:37

I know this is an extremely dumb question, but I've clicked everywhere and do not see an option for private message. How do you send a user a private message?
gregster

Re: Private Messaging  Topic is solved

31 Jan 2019, 01:15

Hey Jeff,
usually you can just click the name of the person you want to send a message; you then see in his/her profile page a link called PM: Send private message in the 'Contact section'.
There is also a more direct link called contact in each post for the corresponding user, where you can choose different ways to contact someone (if the user provided such info) - but at least PM should be available.
In the end, you can also choose 'Compose message' in the 'private messages' section of your 'user control panel': https://www.autohotkey.com/boards/ucp.php?i=ucp_pm&mode=compose.

But, I think you need at least 3 or 4 (by the admins) approved posts, before you will be allowed to send PMs (and do a few other things, afaik). That's probably why you don't see any possibility to send a PM - because there is none... for you. But it won't take long.
Reason is spam prevention... unfortunately, these measures have been proven necessary.
jeeswg

Re: Private Messaging

31 Jan 2019, 01:52

In the top-right corner of the webpage, in the toolbar, I see a 'Private messages' envelope icon.
homepage | tutorials | wish list | fun threads | donate
WARNING: copy your posts/messages before hitting Submit as you may lose them due to CAPTCHA
jeffkolbie

31 Jan 2019, 10:54

gregster wrote:
31 Jan 2019, 01:15
I think you need at least 3 or 4 (by the admins) approved posts, before you will be allowed to send PMs
That was what I thought.
gregster

31 Jan 2019, 10:56

Magic number seems to be three posts... because now I can see the links that would allow me to pm you - which I didn't see before.

Return to “Forum Issues”